Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

SkyLark not maintaining charge

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

SkyLark not maintaining charge

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 03:27 PM
asquires

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SkyLark not maintaining charge

I have a weird thing going on, I put my SkyLark on charge for the recommended 2-3 hours. After the charge I think is complete, I take the heli out to fly.

The first thing that happens when power is on and I give it gas is the servos start to jerk around and the tail rotor accelerated and decelerates.

This normally is a signal that the battery is dead. I have adjusted the pot on the left on the board. What does this pot control, I know the one on right controls tail rotor gain, but I will admit after messing with the one on the left things don't seem to be right.

I have tried adjusting the pot both directions and it seems to make no difference.

Maybe me battery is dead, it is the stock battery, haven't replaced it.

Why after a full 2-3 hour charge does this heli go crazy is there an adjustment that will correct this, or what.

Thanks
Anthony
Old 07-07-2003, 08:39 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Is the battery slightly warm when you took it off the charger? How much use has the battery went through? nimh, or nicd?

So the main rotor isn't powering up at all?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:42 PM
asquires

When i charge battery for suggested 2 hours, only slightly warm, if I leave on charger all night the battery is warmer.

it says Ni-Mh on battery

Thanks
Anthony
Old 07-10-2003, 07:15 PM
astrocyl

You may have killed the battery. The charger that comes with the kit doesn't have a timer or will stop after fully charging the battery. So leaving it on the whole night with the battery is a BIG NO NO.