Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Separate Electronics for an Eagle 50/Walkera 22e

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Separate Electronics for an Eagle 50/Walkera 22e

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:43 PM
TeeJayShelton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Separate Electronics for an Eagle 50/Walkera 22e

I just got finished modifyingone of myeagle 50s. It now has all separate electronics.

It is now totally brushless, I bought the kit from RTF-Heli.(they said it wouldn't work...(it did)) I wouldn't recommend this unless your just tying into your existing 2.4 rx and want an easy to hook up kit. If thats the case this works well. It works otherwise to just wired a little different.

It iscarried by a CNC V2 head from CNCHeilcopter still with stock blades. (new blades later) (thanks to NY rebels Sonix v2 CNC head setup for 22e thread. Be sure to read it if you are thinking of installing this thead. My install went smoothly and I did not have to maek any servo mount mods to install it even while I still had the factory RX installed. It is a good idea to check its setup well before doing any modifications you may not need.

It sits on super skids landing gear with a super boom tail boom.

It is now controlled by a 2.4 GHZ RDS8000 TX

E-Sky Head Hold gyro
I have my normal flight mode set up with the HH on
FlightMode 1 isset upin rate mode. Lowstick is at -100% mix to keep the tail still.
I have flight mode three setup at with no throttle, Gyro in rate, -100% mix at all throttle postions so the tail never spins. I use mode just for adjusting the Heli. When I get better at flying I may decide I need it for something else but hey I'm not even using flight mode 2 yet....
It still has the stock servos but I have new ones enroute as I have one that is jumpy on my other eagle and I want to steal one from this one for it and end up with 2 spare stock servos.

I couldn't find a thread about doing this to an eagle or a 22e so I decided to start one. If anyone out there (NY rebel) is running full separates and like their setup please share it as I plan to mod out my other one with a different setup.
(I will still use ny RDS8000 just looking for gyro, servo, motor/esc ideas.) It is currently stock other than a cnc v1 setup.

Thanks in advance for posting. If anyone needs help setting theirs up seperate I will be what help I can.

"If you and a friend are being chased by a stalking tiger you have but one choice"
Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 AM
JB-Heli

Default RE: Separate Electronics for an Eagle 50/Walkera 22e

I was curious if a separate gyro could be used with the motor on the tail rotor.  Is it just a straight plug in add on?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:03 AM
TeeJayShelton

Default RE: Separate Electronics for an Eagle 50/Walkera 22e

I asked that same question on the support forum and have not gotten a response. I may experiment on doing it. If you find out please let me know.
Thanks,
TeeJay