Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly Problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonfly Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 10:16 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dragonfly Problems

I just received my dragonfly and i cant wait to fly. but when i initialize the chopper and turn on the transmitter sometimes the aileron servo just jitters serverly. other times the tail rotor motor runs nearly flat out. the elevators and main rotor controls are unaffected.

I bought the all inclusive chopper with the Zhen Hua PCM Xmitter on 35mhz. anyone with any help?
Old 07-15-2003, 11:59 PM
jeffs555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should always turn the transmitter on first.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:41 AM
ticketec

I normally turn the transmitter on first but this doesn't change the situation

I swapped the aileron and elevator over on the board the the aileron servo continued to jitter indicating it was the servo. i cleaned the pot up in the servo but this only helped for a short amount of time.

the tail motor also spins up without command.

Could it be interference? Aircraft and choppers in Australia operate on 36Mhz, and i'm on 35Mhz at the moment.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:13 PM
jeffs555

It could be interference, but most likely it is a bad transmitter or receiver. The quality control on those Chinese products is not always the best.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:32 PM
ticketec

Can i change the freqency of the unit by buying new 36Mhz crystals and installing them? will the gear need to be re-tuned?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 AM
HP03 BlackHawk

Default RE: Dragonfly Problems

I have 2 Walkera Dragonfly #4's and both of them started doing the same thing after about the 3rd or 4th battery charge and it's only the aileron servo effected. Today the jittering got worse until the the servo just quit working all together, so I swapped it out with one from the other heli and it still had the jitters but worked for about 5 minutes then it quit also. Now I don't know what to do, I'm afraid to swap it out with my last good servo if it's just going to burn it out too.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:22 AM
mazakari

Default RE: Dragonfly Problems

I also have a Walkera Dragonfly #4. Both servo's started to jitter and in the end locked up completely (Luckily on the ground). The best thing you can do is bin the standard servo's as they are very cheap and buy some decent ones. You don't have to spend that much and it totally transforms the way the heli flys.