Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Feda don't fly no more

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Feda don't fly no more

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 10:59 PM
Simbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feda don't fly no more

Hello All

Newbe here again

My heli don't fly no more, had a small crash from only 3 feet high, and now it has lost the ability to lift off the ground, seems to only get up to half speed, all controls seem to work, can skid on ground forward, back, side to side, and yaw but not enough main rotor speed to lift off, don't have a gauge to check pitch, paddles seem to be level, and main blades are fix pitch, thinking maybe motor, speed control, paddles, or battery.

Grounded for awhile

Stinks being a newbe at this stuff LOL

since the above, i recharged the battery and looked at it again, made some slight changes in the paddles, and gave a small twist to the main blades, was able to get some lift but it vibrates alot now, was playing with paddles (tring anything) and noticed it running out of power in 3 to 4 minutes ( just running it on garage floor) could this just mean battery is bad? going to try and get vibration out on next charge
Old 07-18-2003, 10:01 AM
tocano

Default battery

There have been many complaints with the HB charger. Are you using the charger? If you do might be worth while to invest on a better charger.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:57 PM
Simbo

Yes using the stock charger I think (came with the heli from a online friend), going to order new batteries and charger, if that don't help going to order new speed mixer, ( can allwas use the batteries hehe)
Old 07-19-2003, 12:33 AM
avance_x

spare some bucks and get lipoly

I was undecided to buy at first but when I did, I've never regretted.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:12 AM
scimitar

Default mine too

same thing happened to me and i cant fly either... what was it exactly that you did to make it lift?? i am a newb so be gentle with the terminology. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-20-2003, 07:42 PM
scimitar

Default Re: Feda don't fly no more

Originally posted by Simbo
Hello All

Newbe here again

My heli don't fly no more, had a small crash from only 3 feet high, and now it has lost the ability to lift off the ground, seems to only get up to half speed, all controls seem to work, can skid on ground forward, back, side to side, and yaw but not enough main rotor speed to lift off, don't have a gauge to check pitch, paddles seem to be level, and main blades are fix pitch, thinking maybe motor, speed control, paddles, or battery.

Grounded for awhile

Stinks being a newbe at this stuff LOL

since the above, i recharged the battery and looked at it again, made some slight changes in the paddles, and gave a small twist to the main blades, was able to get some lift but it vibrates alot now, was playing with paddles (tring anything) and noticed it running out of power in 3 to 4 minutes ( just running it on garage floor) could this just mean battery is bad? going to try and get vibration out on next charge

same thing happened to me and i cant fly either... what was it exactly that you did to make it lift?? i am a newb so be gentle with the terminology. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Simbo

New update.

Tried charging my battery with another charger, and gave a twist to the main rotor blades, to my surprise i was back up to hovering, plus it seemed vary stable, .

Then i took another spill from 3 feet up and now it spins like a top when i try to lift off Gyro seems to be working, looking a the lights that is, i can give it 1/10 thottle hold the heli then give it a twist and it sends more power to the tail rotor, but when on the ground when i try to get it up to hover speed it starts to spin, tried the gain on the gyro, and played with trim , but nothing seems to help

and i just ordered E-Tec Li-polys before this happened

back to the drawing board
Old 07-22-2003, 12:36 AM
tocano

Default Mine fly again too

My Dragonfly is flying again now. The same with you I keep on crashing the heli Lol and breaking the skids.
What I found with my heli was that I twisted the blade too much, I have been doing it since I got it. I think it cause too much drag and reduce the rpm. So what I did I twisted the balde the other way (anti clockwise) and I fly again!!

So for anybody else that can't get their dragonfly to get off the ground and no problem with battery etc try to twist the blade the other way.

I think I need a stronger skids, how can I fix my skid and make it stronger so they don't break everytime I have a rough landing.
Good luck.

PS: my heli has stock standard setup.