Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Piccolo Pro stuff

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Piccolo Pro stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:26 AM
R6stunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piccolo Pro stuff

Ok I just bought a Piccolo Pro and need to know what else I need to get it to fly. I have had a Piccolo before but it was a normal one, not one with collective pitch. Which battery, gyro, picco board and all do I need. i will be using a JR heli radio. Also, on these electric helis can you set them up with a throttle hold on them like a big heli? I am new to this collective pitch electric thing and need some help. Thank you very much!
Old 07-21-2003, 08:48 PM
R6stunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piccolo Pro stuff

help anyone?
Old 07-23-2003, 06:24 PM
S_Ellzey

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Piccolo Pro stuff

Originally posted by R6stunter
Ok I just bought a Piccolo Pro and need to know what else I need to get it to fly. I have had a Piccolo before but it was a normal one, not one with collective pitch. Which battery, gyro, picco board and all do I need. i will be using a JR heli radio. Also, on these electric helis can you set them up with a throttle hold on them like a big heli? I am new to this collective pitch electric thing and need some help. Thank you very much!
I started with a picoboard+ and have since gone to separates. If you go to helihobby.com there is a very good write up on this set up. For mine I have a Hacker B20-18L motor with a Pheonix 10 controller, a CSM heading hold gyro and a JMP controller on the tail. I have had a few hic-ups with the gyro but other than that it works very well.

Throttle hold is obtained on this setup with the speed controller. Since a brushless controller knows the motor rpm it can work as a govener, so all I do is run it up to speed, in the govener mode, and it adjusts power to the motor as I change the collective, NO MIXER REQUIRED!.

If you have not bought batteries yet go with 3 cell LI-po, I am just starting to convert over, and the cost per MaH is not much if any higher and they seem to work better. They do need a charger designed for LI-po. The E-tech 1200 cells will fit on your battery tray nicely.

Also you do not need a heli radio, I run an aircraft JR 10X. Since tail mix is not required with the gyro, and the speed controller handles the motor there is not much left for a heli radio to do.

hope this helps

Steven