Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Cutting tail rotor blades on Piccolo????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Cutting tail rotor blades on Piccolo????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Radron
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting tail rotor blades on Piccolo????

I read somewhere about cutting the tail blades on a Piccolo. Can anyone tell me where I can find this info & the results?Or tell me how much to cut & where?
Thanks, Ron
Old 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM
jeffs555

Why would you want to cut down the tail rotor? I have seen details of cutting down the main blade on fixed pitch piccolos. This is done to increase the head speed to improve control when flying outside, but I can't think of a reason to cut down the tail rotor. Here is a site with details. http://www.pgoelz.com/piccolo_faq.html

Jeff
Old 07-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Radron
My Feedback: (1)

Jeff,
I already cut my mains & it does add stability.It also allows the motor to run cooler. The reason for cutting blades is to lighten the load on the tail motor.Which allows the motor to run cooler & live longer. I went ahead & cut mine 2mm on the trailing edge & 2mm on the tip.It does run cooler & I was able to decrease the gain on my gyro(Gy-240).Which made it smoother also. I`m told this is not recommended unless your running seperates & higher voltage batteries. I`m running seperates & 8 cell 750 Nimh`s.I`ve run 6 packs so far & it seems I got what I was looking for.I`m not going to cut any more off & run it for a while. So if you fit the requirements,You might try it.Just have a new blade in case it doesn`t work for you.If anyone would like the long term results,feel free to ask.You can PM or e-mail me.

HAVE A GREAT ONE ALL!!!!