Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Voyager E or the Corona

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Voyager E or the Corona

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 07:39 AM
xxsnsxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voyager E or the Corona

I'm looking into buying an electric heli. I wanted to get the jr but I'm hearing a lot of stuff on the corona. I have very lil flight time on my century hb. It is difficult to hover since its been windy lately so I wanted a bigger heli. I want something that I can do more with when I get better. Which heli would be best to upgrade as I get better at flying? I'm thinking of ordering it this week. Thanks for the help.
Shawn
Old 07-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Zflyer

I've also found the HBird difficult due to lack of indoor space and fighting with even the slightest breeze outdoors So I'm in the process of building a Corona 120, from what I've read on the posts and suggestions from actual Corona fliers I think I've made a wise choice for what it's worth
Old 07-29-2003, 07:37 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Corona is a great beginner heli and pretty fun as you get better but you may end up wanting a cp heli shortly after you learn to hover stably. Since you already got a little start with your HB and you want something that you can do more with as you get better, go ahead and get a cp heli for sure. I owned both a corona and a Voyager E and I now own a Logo 10.

Corona is cool though because of the durability factor and it's simplicity and it flies well for a fixed pitch which is why it's so good for beginners but yet many keep them in their fleet even as they get other heli's for the relaxed flying, I actually would have too if I could afford it but then again, it wouldn't get any flight time unless I crashed my Logo and waiting for parts or something...

The Voyager E is a very nice quality and smooth flying heli on a brushless set up, the downfall is that it can get quite expensive and you might as well get a Logo 10 unless you can get a used VE with stock stuff or without motor/esc for a good deal which I've seen them go for as low as $200-250, then you can add in a brushless set up and have a very nice flyer or I've seen brushless ones for good deals too. For Sport flight, it's very smooth and stable and of course you can do some 3D, like loops and rolls and inverted flight as I've seen, I don't do 3D myself yet but have heard that the VE is not best for all out 3D though but it will definitely be something that will take a long time to outgrow.

The Logo 10 on the other hand can do all out 3D and is even yet more stable than the Voyager as it's a litttle bigger and heavier and is awesome in the wind, seriously, I love it, 10-12 mph winds might as well be dead calm LOL. The Voyager E is actually pretty nice in the wind to because it's on the heavy side.

So I'd say check out deals on VE's but also keep an eye out for Logo 10's and if you can get a Logo for a decent amount more, go that route but either way you won't be sorry.

Guess it all boils down to your budget, what were U looking at spending? Also, do you have a heli radio or you have to get that too?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Wright Flyer

Personally I've got a Corona and don't think there's a better first heli because of it's durability but if you already have some experience you may out grow it quite quickly (doesn't really matter as resale values are very high anyway). But if you were thinking of getting a CP heli from the start then as well as the Logo and V-E I think the Robbe Eolo looks like a nice "budget" entry point to electric CP helis (see www.rchover.com)

Cliff
Old 07-29-2003, 11:16 PM
xxsnsxx

Default Thanks for the advice

I've decided to get the logo 10. Where is the best place to get a combo for a good price? Thanks
Old 07-30-2003, 05:27 AM
xxsnsxx

I'm not really on a budget, but I would like to spend the least amount as I can. The radio I have is a JR PCM 10X.

Originally posted by astronut30
Guess it all boils down to your budget, what were U looking at spending? Also, do you have a heli radio or you have to get that too?
Old 07-30-2003, 05:55 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

If you're not on a budget then Logo 10 all the way!

I had great experience with my purchases through www.aero-model.com they have all the upgrades and pretty much everything in stock, the kit is pretty much the same at $339, everywhere I seen sells them for the same, some of the parts are a little more than others but I like them because it's convenient and they have had everything I needed so far and they package very well and ship fast. I guess the only downfall is that at this point, they can't help you a whole lot with technical info as they're not really experienced with the Logo heli's as of yet but they are starting to fly them I believe, but that's what here and Ezone is for anyway, tons of info!

btw, if you do order a kit, get the carbon battery brace to help brace the battery and get at least a carbon vertical fin, those are both $30 a piece which is kinda pricey but the stock fin is flimsy and will allow your tail rotors to hit the ground on not so soft landings and the battery sticks out quite a bit so I like it supported a little better plus in case a hard landing will help keep the battery from bending and will be easier on the solder joints too...
Old 12-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Keith
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Voyager E or the Corona

Also check out RC Direct for the Mikado line of Logo Helis:
[link]http://www.rc-direct.com/mikado_first.htm[/link]