Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

HABU 32?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:13 PM
brenthampton79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HABU 32?

Ted thanks for that info on the lipo, sounds like a 1100 mah life pack should do the trick then. I'm also going to run my hitec a9 with the gps sensor so I can get speeds for it.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Roberto Denadai

Hi Guys,

I Have the parkzone Habu and now I would like to buy the Habu 32

The Habu 32 is faster than the parkzone ? Also is harder to fly ? I was waiting more speed for the parkzone habu, with 4s setup is not that fast

What servos are you guys using in the Habu 32 ?

Isaw some habu 32 landing videos and sounds a little difficult. Are you guys using full flaps for landing ?

Best regards
Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Ted62
My Feedback: (2)

Dear Roberto,

I believe most who have flown both will agree that the level of difficulty is somewhat higher with the Habu32 although you have been wise to fly the Parkzone version first. The Habu32 weighs a little over 7 pounds which makes the landings pretty fast, but, full flaps really help. I would not attemp the land without them unless I have a 10mph+ headwind to fly into. All the equipment in my Habu32 is what they have recommended including the servos with the exception of adding a separate Lipo for the servos and receiver for safety (I don't trust a bec with a plane that goes this fast). I have never flown the Park Zone model but someone with chime-in with that info soon. Best of luck!!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
flyboy0608

Dear Roberto,

I agree with TED62, the Parzone habu has given you a head start over those pilots who never have flown the parzone habu and have gone straight to the habu 32. The flight characteristics are similar , its just a lot faster. I have all stock setup with an external BEC. The only thing I upgraded was the landing gear. I bought the TAMJET upgrades. TRUSTME,...the diference is increadible. The stock wire gear is too flimsy for this jet and will bend quickly !!.. That said YES difinately use full flaps on approach. I tried half flaps the first time and the landing was not preaty. I came in too hot and ran off the run way intoe the grass. Thankgod nothing happened. USe full flaps and if you have the realflight simulator, download the habu 32 add on. It will get you closeto ready for this fast plane. good luck !!!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Ted62

A second regarding the TAMJET landing gear upgrades - I also went with them and they are great. (Just a bit $$)
Old 12-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Roberto Denadai

Ted,

Did you disable the bec in your esc ?

I never used a bec , and I´m seeing a lot of guys using in the habu

I´m in doubt if I use a bec and a separate lipo for servos and receiver

I would like to use the castle Ice 100A Esc for my habu

What lipo are you using ? 2s 800 mah ?

Best Regards
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Roberto Denadai

Ted,

Please, just tell me if you are using the combo ( ESC+BEC+LIPO) like the picture bellow : ( Are you using a normal 2s Lipo 500mAh ?? )

Also I would like to use a switchto turn ON and Off the ESC and BEC. My ESC will be an ICE Lite 100 and BEC just like the pic bellow

Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Ted62

Hi Roberto. I write this as it snows here in lower Pennsylvania,USA. Your excellent drawing is just about an exact schematic of my installation! I did insert a miniature toggle switch on the 500mah 2s lipo. Sure is convenient to be able to use the gear and other servos without adding the 5000mah "brick". Keep me informed of your progress. It's a beautiful kit and flys as good as it looks! A standard 500mah lipo works quite well with the short Habu flight times.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
flyboy0608

Roberto,..
Your on the right track ! That's excatly how I had mine configured. Remember to disconect the red wire from the original ESC. The on/Off switch is an exellent idea. I bought mine and installed it and it was great to have believe me. Good luck. I had great fun with my HABU 32,.....................................Until I crashed mine last week. I lost orientation when Ifly right by sunand I was too close to the ground and did not have enough time to recover. I am still going throught the grieving period. This was my greatest kit ever build and first real jet. I am devestated right now. But,..I hope to slowly save money and hopefully have enough to put another one together bu the end of the year. Goode luck with yours.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Nitro-Tom

ORIGINAL: Roberto Denadai

Ted,

Please, just tell me if you are using the combo ( ESC+BEC+LIPO) like the picture bellow : ( Are you using a normal 2s Lipo 500mAh ?? )

Also I would like to use a switch to turn ON and Off the ESC and BEC. My ESC will be an ICE Lite 100 and BEC just like the pic bellow

[img][/img]

why not just swap out the 2S Lipo for a 2S A123 and remove the BEC all together?

Let items to fail.

This is how I am setting up mine, 2S A123 (Which can deliver 20A) direct via Deans to the Rx.....go small (for weight) but enough MAh for one or two flights and your good.

Just food for thought.........
Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Roberto Denadai

ORIGINAL: Nitro-Tom

This is how I am setting up mine, 2S A123 (Which can deliver 20A) direct via Deans to the Rx.....go small (for weight) but enough MAh for one or two flights and your good.

Just food for thought.........
I´m thinking in Hyperion Battery Pack Life 6.6V 850mAh 5C, just 48g , direct to the rx

Best Regards

Old 01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a Habu 32 that I am thinking of building, and I was wondering if anyone has tried the following two items from Hobby King.

Rclander 78 mm fan:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17222

Pneumatic retracts:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18241

Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

Get the fan that is designed for the plane. It is almost the same price $35 for the fan $75 for the motor. Less headaches and guesswork. The retracts will probably fit but the 3mm struts are a no go. The 3.5mm struts on the recommended gear are just right. They do bend on rough landings but hold up fine for normal use. I do recommend the Turnigy 6s 5000mah 40c packs for the Habu. My two are working great.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
flyboy0608

I agree, Buy the fan designed for this plane. Perfect fit and reliable product. Not sure about the retracts. I upgraded to the TAMJET struts. Best decision ever. Tamjets rocked on this plane. Also,..I used the turginy 5000 mAm 6s 35c-40c lipo,..I recomend them. Good luck !!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: lrb75

Get the fan that is designed for the plane. It is almost the same price $35 for the fan $75 for the motor. Less headaches and guesswork. The retracts will probably fit but the 3mm struts are a no go. The 3.5mm struts on the recommended gear are just right. They do bend on rough landings but hold up fine for normal use. I do recommend the Turnigy 6s 5000mah 40c packs for the Habu. My two are working great.

If I bought the retract units I was going to drill them to accept the 3.5 mm legs that come with the Habu

Thanks for the input

Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Nitro-Tom

ORIGINAL: lrb75

Ditto on that

I have 4 of them, although the wires are HUGE and hard to work with when changing or soldering connectors

But I guess you need it for all that power

I also have one Thunder Power 45C to keep HK honest.......
Old 01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Nitro-Tom

ORIGINAL: flyboy0608

I agree, Buy the fan designed for this plane. Perfect fit and reliable product. Not sure about the retracts. I upgraded to the TAMJET struts. Best decision ever. Tamjets rocked on this plane. Also,..I used the turginy 5000 mAm 6s 35c-40c lipo,..I recomend them. Good luck ! !

I heard about these struts, anyone can provide a link?

I heard they are expensive but worth it......

Do they go on the recommended E-Flight Electric retracts?

Thanks in advance for the info
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
RCISFUN

Here are the links to Tam's site

Struts w/trunnions to fit e-flight retracts:
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=609

Whole Retract Package
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...oducts_id=628\
Old 01-12-2012, 08:12 PM
flyboy0608

Dear Nitro Tom

Here is the link to the Habu 32 Tamjet upgrades, and the link to the instruction page onhow to modify them to fit the Habu 32. They are modified into the 15-25 Eflite retracts that you buy. the modification is relatively a no-brainer cause they have a step by step instruction link with pictures to show you excatly how to do it. The upgrade is $150 but well worth the money cause the difference is incredible. They are strong and a great inmprovement over the wired struts the kit brings. Good luck with your build.

Tamjet link
www.tamjets.com/original/product_info.php

Instruction link

www.tamjets.net/index.php
Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Roberto Denadai

Guys,

And what about the dreamworks retrats for Habu ?

http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/habu...ct-p-1926.html
Old 01-15-2012, 06:47 AM
RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: Roberto Denadai

Guys,

And what about the dreamworks retrats for Habu ?

http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/habu...ct-p-1926.html

Wow those SHULMAN AVIATION units look like these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=15092
Old 01-15-2012, 07:11 AM
flyboy0608

Yeah,...

Your retracts from dreamworks look very similar to the ones hobbyking offers for a lot less money and they don't have great ratings on hobbyking either. I don't know the quality of these retracts but because of the ratings I stayed away from them when looking for upgrades for my HAbu. It's too expensive of a plane to risk on these cheap looking retracts. But that's just my thought. I kept the eflite 15-25 and added the Tamjet upgrades. They are top quality and have the reputation to back it up. All in all,..its your decision to make !! Remember sometimes going cheap can bight you !!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Roberto Denadai

Yeah,...

It's too expensive of a plane to risk on these cheap looking retracts. But that's just my thought. I kept the eflite 15-25 and added the Tamjet upgrades. They are top quality and have the reputation to back it up. All in all,..its your decision to make !! Remember sometimes going cheap can bight you !!
100% agree. But the dreamworks retracts is $ 175

But I´m going to tamjet.

One question, buying this : http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=610

I have to modify them like the manual or the job is done for me ? Also I have to buy servos for this retracts ?

Best Regards

Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Ted62

If you already have the Eflight retracts, you'll need to modify them, however, the mod is pretty easy. However, they also sell the retracts complete. The retracts are self contained meaning they hook up directly to your receiver. No servo required. You will need to relieve a small section of the wing where the retracts fit which, again, is minor.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
RCISFUN

Yeah,...

Your retracts from dreamworks look very similar to the ones hobbyking offers for a lot less money and they don't have great ratings on hobbyking either. I don't know the quality of these retracts but because of the ratings I stayed away from them when looking for upgrades for my HAbu. It's too expensive of a plane to risk on these cheap looking retracts. But that's just my thought. I kept the eflite 15-25 and added the Tamjet upgrades. They are top quality and have the reputation to back it up. All in all,..its your decision to make ! ! Remember sometimes going cheap can bight you ! !
I guess I'll be a guinea pig!

I won my Habu 32 so I have zero $$$ invested

I ordered the retracts ($49.20), for what the Tam units cost I can buy six sets of these... I have a problem justifying a set of retracts that cost almost the same amount as the airframe, besides I fly off of a runway so it shouldn't be an issue.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15092

The battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10308

And the fan and motor:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17222

I have a brand new fresh from the Factory Castle ICE 100 back from the recall so hopefully it won't give me any problems.

After I receive the retracts and fan I will, post some photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.