Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Tf5

Old 08-11-2003, 08:05 AM
keven64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tf5

This is the fifth in a series of models I've been making over the last 3 1/2 years.

They originate from an idea to have an easy-to-fly model with NO propeller for my yong son to put his hand in . . .
He's nearly six now - so the well shrouded fan that the first two versions had is not now necessary

The TF5 is the most succesful version to date, being minifan powered, with a 480BB Race, and capable of spirited flying for up to 7 minutes, on 8-cell Hecell1100 packs.

The photo shows a tail pipe which I've since removed as it flies far better without it . . . I have a cone fitted to the rear of the motor - which does improve the speed.

Keven.
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2003, 08:16 AM
keven64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tf5

A fellow clubmember shot quite a bit of video of the TF5 for me.
He created a page, so all to see them, at:

http://www.aopf51.dsl.pipex.com/kevin/

If you wish to see it, it is better to right click the links and choose 'Save Target As' . . . the downloads are quite long - as the files are large - but you can delete them after watching

All the flying during the filming was done with a capacitor across the motor terminals.
I cut it off, and the model was much faster - but the digital video camera was full by then

The 'Spot Me' video is one I made using my digital camera in 'movie' mode, and shows the model flying with no capacitor fitted.

Keven.