Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 BLITZ RC FA-18 Elevator question >

BLITZ RC FA-18 Elevator question

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

BLITZ RC FA-18 Elevator question

Old 06-12-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLITZ RC FA-18 Elevator question

Hi All

Just setting up the BLITZ RC FA-18 (Jolly Roger Variant), and had a question about the elevator set up. There are two servos one for each elevator side.

Now I have a Hobby King F5E, and the set up is the same, when I plugged the F5 in both servos worked correctly, that is both moved the two elevator halves up or down.

With the FA18, they work differentially, that is one side goes up, the other goes down, like ailerons, which is not what I want for an elevator!! I've played around with wing type mixes etc but to no avail. ..... can anyone help???
Old 06-12-2011, 10:21 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BLITZ RC FA-18 Elevator question

Check out how the servos are installed. One side might have a slot slightly higher than the other side. You'll have to readjust one servo for it to work right. Here's some specific advice I received to set up my F-18:

if so did you remember to offset the servo direction you know one went one way the other went the other way so if you notice the holes for the servos are offset in relation to the bottom of the fus so you can have the servo arms pointed in different directions one up one down then they should move togeather hope this healps