Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Yardbird F-15

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
D.J.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Yardbird F-15

Hi All

This is my first kit build since 1973 . I got the new kit from Kijiji for $40.00 . The kit is very complete with a bright decal sheet , that I did no use . The laser cuttermust havebeena little off the day the kit was cut and the material thickness was random at best . I used far too much glue but the plane is still below the suggested maximum weight . It weighs 12.87 ounces with the 11.1 volt battery . The graphics were hand cut from 2.5 mil vinyl . The design was adapted from 3 different designs that I found on the net . The motor is a Turnigy 2210A 1650kv 180w with a Hobby King 20 amp esc and 4 channel DSM2 compatible receiver . I have it set up to run two different batteries . A 7.4V 1800mah 25c with a 7x5 no name prop for training and a 11.1V 1500mah 25c with a Master Airscrew 7x4 pusher for when I get a little better at flying . It has not flown yet . It has been very windy for over a week now . ..... D.J.

[/UR

[/URL]

Old 12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
D.J.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Yardbird F-15

I thought that I would report on my experiences with the Yardbird F-15 one year later . I am a novice R/C pilot . This plane in actually the first plane that I ever landed on purpose . It took one click of right trim and one click of down trim and It would almost fly itself . This plane flies where you point it and is as responsive as you want it to be . It is in no way a speedster , as it is set up , but it is a pleasure to just cruse around with . I flew it on 10-12 different days . The last flight was in October . I just pushed the control in the wrong direction and ran it in to the field . This was a great experience . My first successful flight and a lead in to many more . I am nothing but pleased with my build results and the build was fun and fairly easy . While I was building the kit , I traced each piece on to poster board . I have since bought replacement foam and have started a new plane and replacement pieces for the old one . I don't know if this was posted in the wrong section but there seems to be little interest . oh well . I felt that the people at Yardbird deserved a very positive "thumbs up" for their kit . .... D.J.<o></o>

<o></o>

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39293.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1826147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98262.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1826148