Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Build question regarding pro edf 90mm mig-15 new builder need help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Build question regarding pro edf 90mm mig-15 new builder need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
rcpilot1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build question regarding pro edf 90mm mig-15 new builder need help

I just finished the build on my pro edf composit mig-15.Now once i installed the carbon fiber rod through the rudder as to support both halves of the rudder halves.One elavator lined up perfectly against the rudder but the left half did not.It required me to have to bore out the hole in the elevator half all the way down to the square structure so that i could center the entire elevator half against the contour on the side of the rudder.Otherwise the elevator half would have been pointing up in the air.The part going towards the canopy as you look from the back of the plane looking to the front.And the middle part of the elevator was also not able to center on the contour up and down wise.My question is.Was opening the holes in the elevator halve as far as the anti rotation pin hole and the hole for the main carbon fiber rod.An acceptable solution or was that a hack job.This was my third ARF and with my other hanger9 planes i did not have to do anything like this.I did get the other elevator half to line up but by opening up the two holes on the left elevator halve quite a bit.Could i have some help.Or assurrence.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Build question regarding pro edf 90mm mig-15 new builder need help

Well that's why they are called ARF's. "ALMOST" Ready to Fly. LOL!

So yeah sometimes you do have to mod one to make it right. Long as you didn't weaken the structure/support you should be good.

I've had a couple ARF's where the main wing spar holes were no where near level. Some were a simple matter of a little massaging the holes in the fuse, and one or two required reworking everything.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
rcpilot1982

Default RE: Build question regarding pro edf 90mm mig-15 new builder need help

Thank you for answering.I am new to building although have flown many turbine aircraft plus im OCD....lol....but it seems that i lined up the elavator half on the contour the best i could although it seems that while the elavator half is following the contour on the rudder side.It seems that when looking at the bottom face of the elavatorwith the plane upside down lying on its canopy.That the rudder half seems to be tipping down just a MM...right at the very end of the elavator half before the elavator flap inserts into the solid part of the elevator structure.As if the elavator half is not shaped 100% like the contour on the side of the rudder.Also it seems that this elavator half is a tiny bit thicker as if you look at the elavator fom the back of the plane and look at the elevar half from the back.Is this normal or should i have removed the monokote and shaved the elavator down from top to bottom? you have to look up close to notice but?