Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

EDF flight times

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 PM
c130nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDF flight times

I am debating a very large U-2 build. I know a large regular nitro ducted fan can do it, but I would rather do a EDF. This thing is around 100" wingspan. What are some real world figures on flight times for EDF's and other info that I need to know.
Thanks
Bill R.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: EDF flight times

ORIGINAL: c130nut

I am debating a very large U-2 build. I know a large regular nitro ducted fan can do it, but I would rather do a EDF. This thing is around 100'' wingspan. What are some real world figures on flight times for EDF's and other info that I need to know.
Thanks
Bill R.
For a scale or sport jet .... 5-6 mins with good pack and efficient fan (shuebler, BVM

Depends on the thumb of course, expect longer flight times with lighter wing loading cause most EDF's aren't flown WOT 100% of the time so if you keep it light (or light wing load) you can glide on back legs of circuits and punch it on passes but that's with a fighter jet or sport jet.

With a U2 I'd expect 50% greater flight time at least cause you're not looking at going 150mph in a pass.

My Falcon 120 would get 5 min time EASY with 3300mah packs cause it only weighed 13lbs ... that U2 will prolly do 6600 mah packs and get even more flight time