Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Brush less GWS A-10

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:58 PM
ttmr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brush less GWS A-10

I finaly got my old a-10 airborne today and burned up the EDF 50's after 2-3 min with a 2 cell lipo pack. Does anyone know of a brushless system that will fit my hog? I dont want to just burn up somemore brushed motors so I am willing to spent the money for the brushless motors. BTW flew great till I lost a motor.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Woody 51

Default RE: Brush less GWS A-10

GWS have released an upgrade fan unit, the EDF 55/300

See it on their website.

Also for alternative motor info, check out

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=2032
Old 06-29-2004, 11:43 AM
CTulanko

If you want to see some really good, field tested brushless setups for the A-10, check out the following site- www.e-flightline.com This guy has done a ton of experimenting and has it down. He sells different brushless power packages just for the A-10 to suit your needs. Moreover, he has some killer movies in his "Videos" section, showing the A-10 fly with these setups. Finally, he has a good reputation at the other forums and I would buy from him without hesitation.

Carl
Old 06-29-2004, 12:39 PM
E*nealio
My Feedback: (10)

I would agree with CTulanko, E-flightline has helped me out getting a bunch of my planes in the air fast and by fast i mean both ways, fast as in speed(HAHAHAHA) and setup(build). They offer great himax combo's with phx 10's(programmable, good thing for li-po's) Good luck with your A-10.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:35 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the A10 with the edfs 55
Used a lipoly 3 cell 11amp 2100 .
Cut the bottom front of the fuse to allow the battery to slide and sit flat in the forward part of the fuse . During construction you would hollow the fuse near the existing battery compartmnet . Use the extra wing mounting brackets and some velcro and you have a great easy battery compartmnet . I use the old battery hatch for the place to make the e-connetion from battery to speed control .
Used deans connectors thru out
Put the speed control on the left side far forward , receiver on the right far forward just shigh of the wing saddle ,
This plane flys fantastic with this set up .
You will get excellant control and power and you will have to shut down after 6 minitues of battery management defined as (high power /med power )just to save motors . You will get 2 high power 6 miniues flights or more on one charge . I just dont push it based on moter temps and internal battery temps .
The only major cost was the battery -thunder @ $71. but well worth it !!!! The key is to keep the battery forward and keep laterial weight balanced and you will have a $69 foam jet that flys like a $500 ducted fan . Trust me I had the first version and really was dissatisfied . I only bought another one after watching video but did not want a $200 brushless/$75 speed contol investmnet . Based on the above you get a great plane with the biggets investmnet in the battery !!!!! good luck