Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

The DoJet Has Flown!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 09:05 PM
danj31
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The DoJet Has Flown!

Tonight I came home from work and the weather was perfect and there wasn't anything left but to go fly! I was a little nervous about the first flight, almost one years work and a considerable investment was about to come home in one piece or in a bag. I used a paved road that is next to a sod farm to take off and the sod to land on. I wasn't too sure if the dolly system would work for takeoff but it tracked straight and separated perfect. The ground roll was a little long and the DoJet was cookin when it seperated. The jet only required a few clicks of down and right trim and it was flying straight. After a few patterns I took it up high and slowed it down. At idle and full up elevator the jet only rocked back and forth while losing altitude, it never entered a spin! That shows what a good insurance policy 3 degrees of washout in the wing and a large rudder is. Next a few landing circuits, the had to be flown long and low because the jet never wanted to slow down. After a good landing way down the field I was able to pack up and go home. What a relief. So far after only one flight I think I met my design goal of a fast jet with no bad habits that can also be slowed down for an uneventful landing.
Final Weight- 2.2 lbs
Wingspan- 37 inches
Length- 35 inches
Wing Area- 225 sq inches
Wing Load- 22.5 oz/sq foot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34380.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	153758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94740.jpg
Views:	15