Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

modelair-tech F-117 nightstik

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

modelair-tech F-117 nightstik

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:51 PM
kwiktsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modelair-tech F-117 nightstik

Anyone have one? I just recently built one and CANNOT get it to hand launch with a speed 400, 6x3 folding prop and 3 cell li poly. It just flips and crashes. With a GWS C box, 350 motor, 9070 prop and 3 cell it flies great, nice speed and plenty of take off power, just not sure of the motor life with a 3 cell. Most of the flight is 1/2 throttle or less, but still a lot to ask of that little motor. Any thought on a power plant for this?

Also- I found it flat spins VERY easy- found that the hard way when a motor cooked halfway through a turn (had a 1080 prop- way too big!!) and I couldn't power out!! Luckily no harm was done. Did another one during a low speed loop, but I gave it a bit of down elevator, pushed the throttle and waited for it to pull out- scary, but uneventful.
Joe