Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Graupner Speed 300

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
bbrown210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graupner Speed 300

How good is the Graupner Speed 300 7.2v for a ducted fan motor. IM thinking about building a kit and was wondering if this is a good electric motor for this purpose.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Larry Dudeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Graupner Speed 300

Where to begin?

About the only EDF that is designed for a sp400 motor (I believe the particular motor is a Mabucchi 380) is the HiLine Red Flame Blaster. The RFB's I have use a 4.8v sp400 motor, need 8 cells or a 2S.

At best, these little fans are anemic and leave a lot to be desired. The simply do not produce enough thrust with a 6 or 7.2v sp 400. Perhaps there is a suitable brushless motor that has the same dimensions as the sp400.

Putting two in parallel helps a little but the Wattage, Wemotech and other fans are better. GWS also makes some small EDF's such as their EDF55/300H combo as used on their A10.

Here is my TBJ mkII that uses two RFB's, powered by a 2S2P lipo. The plane flies OK but would shine with a couple of MF480's

I think you would be better off forgetting the sp300 motor and start with a more viable EDF/motor combo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24042.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	444145