Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Own Design Jet DFJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 PM
rich_hodgetts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Own Design Jet DFJ

I have designed a simple 6mm depron foam ducted fan jet around the GWS EDF 64 fan unit. I am amazed by how well this model flies it being small, fast and stable. It is comfortable for park flying on half throttle with a brushless motor and really screams at full power. It can be setup with a blindingly fast roll rate although this makes the model tricky to fly. The model was designed, drawn in CAD, built and maidened within 3 days and has only very simple inlet ducting and paper tube outlet which seem to work well.

I am really pleased with how this model has turned out and so I am in the process of producing a set of plans that will allow others to try it (free of course)!

My setup is:
EDF64 with Eflite Park 400 (2025-4200)
18amp brushless esc
3s1p 1800mAh lipo (20C)
2 HS55's
4 channel RX

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98825.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	497788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29325.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	497789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75637.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	497790  
Old 07-28-2006, 03:39 AM
dyrodium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Own Design Jet DFJ

That's very funky mate.
Nice to see you don't need heaps of complex curved surfaces to get something good in the air, I might try you're plans.