Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Handlaunching the Super Sniper?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Handlaunching the Super Sniper?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Air3D540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlaunching the Super Sniper?

I've been looking into getting another EDF and I ran up on the Super Sniper at Warbirds-RC.com. I noticed though that the website says it requires a bungie launch to fly. I really hate the idea of a first flight being off of a bungie so I was wondering if it is possible to get it flying by handlaunching. Just by looking at the plane it looks to sleek to launch without a bungie but you guys know more than I do.
Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-14-2006, 11:05 AM
hkorczak
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Handlaunching the Super Sniper?

I just maidened my Sniper yesterday and bungie launched it. It's the ONLY way to get a hassle-free launch. I used 15lbs of pull, and the launch was straight, smooth and predicable. Second flight and launch was the same as the first. There's just too many variables with a hand launch.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Air3D540

Thanks for the reply. So bungie lauching is more predictable than handlaunching? I like the idea of handlauching first flight to see how stable the jet flies and what changes need to be done. But thats only been light foam ducted fan jets so Ive never needed a bungie. I guess as long as the CG is correct and controls work properly there is no need to worry of the plane coming straight off the bungie into the ground? Ive seen to many videos of that happening...
Jason
Old 08-15-2006, 09:12 PM
hkorczak
My Feedback: (5)

I launched my Sniper from the ground, no ramp. For the first flight, I added a little up trim and had no issues. For the second flight, I removed the up trim and needed to hold some up elevator to get airborne. Also, hit the throttle just as the jet releases from the bungie ring.

Yea, light foamies are OK to handlaunch, but not heavier, high performance jets.