Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dude straps turbins to his shoes-fly's like superman!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Dude straps turbins to his shoes-fly's like superman!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 07:09 PM
upperkingjr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dude straps turbins to his shoes-fly's like superman!

AMAZING VIDEO [link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8778795574240469950&q=flying+boots&hl=en]SUPERMAN[/link]
Old 09-03-2006, 11:25 PM
clovus

Default RE: Dude straps turbins to his shoes-fly's like superman!

You have to admire his foolish courage. Strapping two hot water bottles full of nitro/whatever to his lower abdomen........ braver then me. But I have to say I'm skeptical.

A few things that troubled me......I have seen footage of skydivers with those winged suits covering huge amounts of territory without turbines strapped to their legs. It looks like he's doing the same, it doesn't look like he is actually escaping the effects of gravity and moving upwards. That is, it's more like a forward but still downward motion. I wonder how much wing surface he'd need to glide properly.....

If he achieved enough thrust I don't know how controllable it would be with turbines strapped to his legs. Has anyone seen the video of people putting rockets to their F27 strykers, foam gliders? I guess if he did have legs of steel.....

Now, if we can see some untouched footage of someone doing a ROG with just a cape I'll forward a buck. If enough people chip in with a buck too, some crazy might just do it. Heck, I might just break out the depron and see if I can do a mini superman...... he he

Old 09-20-2006, 04:41 AM
420Geo

Default RE: Dude straps turbins to his shoes-fly's like superman!

Guys thats coooool .
The dude was able to fly at a constant altitude for over half a minute. Nice. Birdman suits normaly if flown well can give you a descent rate of around 40 - 50 ft per second at best.
1/2 a minute at the same altitude is very cool.
Could be the new way to commute to work!

Nice Work. Skydiving, its extreme, that was even more so...
Geo420