Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

thinking of getting a kamdax mig-15

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

thinking of getting a kamdax mig-15

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:49 AM
jakcharles
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of getting a kamdax mig-15

Well I have read alot about the Kamdax mig and noticed that it is slow and under power. So Iw was wondering has anyone every upgraded the engine and is it possible? Also I have seen them for about 250.oo for the ARF is that the going price for this plane? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Cptn. Krunch

Default RE: thinking of getting a kamdax mig-15

Slow???? You've been flying turbines, haven't you? While 70mph is not that fast for an electric jet, I can fly in a very limited area and float in for landings. If you need speed, you will not be impressed with the Kamdax Mig 15. If you want a great flying and spirited plane that is easy to maintain, get one. Mine have at least 20 flights each and are still going strong.
Good Luck,
Cptn.K
Old 09-09-2006, 05:16 AM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 1/2a fan version because I have a thing for 1/2a ducted fan and I have had great flight performance out of it so far. There is a world of difference between gear on and gear off but I can't bring myself to belly flop so I use the gear and fly off pavement which pretty much eliminates rash on the foam. Just awesome.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:42 PM
JETSETF18

You might also look at the M2000 electric or Nitro. The Nitro kit looks impressive. I have seen it fly in person. I have not flown it myself. Top speed of 80kph.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:28 PM
dbateman
My Feedback: (31)

If you want a nice flying and fast Mig look at the Alfa available at Hobby lobby. Use the HImax 2025-5400 and t/p 2100 cells for motor and batt. Castle 25 amp esc. Awesome little jet, hand launch and belly land. The Kamdex stuff that i've seen is laughable. Doug