Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help: small version RC turbine jet wanted...what is a good buy?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Help: small version RC turbine jet wanted...what is a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
SIM2U
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: small version RC turbine jet wanted...what is a good buy?

I have been flying RC planes now for about 6years or so and the latest one I just sold was a pitts special slightly modified. I flew my freinds RC jet here in J-Land and I just loved it. I really dont wish to get into the large or med sized jets if I can help it only due to the size. Yet, I really want to get a small turnbine jet thats a great package. I asked for some help from some of the jet guys on this RCU forum but the arrogance inherant was a bit much for me and no help was given.

So, if any one has some great links or sites that are NOT german (very difficult ordering from there) I would greatly appreciate it and be very thankfull for your time. I loved the Graupner Hotspot with the jet cat (had to correct that), but its engine is outboard and I am not a fan of that design much, although the planes shape and handling are very nice and more then enough for me as I am not an expereinced jet pilot.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:30 AM
nightctman
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Help: small version RC turbine jet wanted...what is a good buy?

HELLO,

THIS POST REALLY DOES NOT BELONG HERE BUT I WILL GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE. I WOULD LOOK AT THE BABY BOOMERANG FROM BOMERANG JETS. I KNOW A GUY WHO HAS HAD MANY JETS, EUROFIGHTER,F-18 ETC AND HE SOLD THEM ALL AN BOUGHT A BABY BOOMERANG. FLIES WELL OF A P-60 AND IS A ROCKET WITH A P-70. FLIES OF GRASS NO PROBLEM AT ALL, THE EXPERIENCED JET PIOLTS ARE DOING ACROBATICS THAT MAKE NORMAL JET PIOLTS KNEES SHAKE. I ALMOST BOUGHT ONE BUT I AM GOING TO DO A GIANT SCALE WAR BIRD FIRST. ONE ONE THING THE TURBINE IS CONCEALED IN THE BACK OF THE FUSE, NOT OUT IN THE OPEN.

MATT
Old 09-19-2006, 05:33 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Hey thanks alot mat.

yeah it probably does not belong here but it was posted post haste. Either way its within the context of RC Jets only and its not a general conversational thread, Its jets only within the context of med to small turbine jets.

Do you have a reliable link to the jet you are refering too...links please.

I have seen these but it may be a bit below my level...Im not sure as I have flown my friends jet and thats a med sized mirage with a p180 I think, I ll have to ask him as off the top of my head I cant remember the details of his jet...I was too bloody nervous flying it and scared stupid about crashing it on landing. My heart was really pounding hard on take off and landing. TOTALLY different from any other plane I have flown. But all was great although my landing was a bit bouncy, he he he. He has about $25,000. Inversted I as I recall, again not too sure. When I was at the air field all information just flew in and out due to my keen excitement and nerve, all info bar the most important that is.

Im considering investing about $20,000 into the right jet if I can find either a great deal combo or a great link to a store that has great deals on High end jets, no cheap crap thanks...turbines are too pricy to crash.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:36 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Actually yeah your right, the electric RC forum...ha ha ha, see what happens with fast schedule and serious cronic dislexia....

Oh well, hopefull the moderator will move this to the right RC turbine jet catagory...thanks mod

ORIGINAL: nightctman

HELLO,

THIS POST REALLY DOES NOT BELONG HERE BUT I WILL GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE. I WOULD LOOK AT THE BABY BOOMERANG FROM BOMERANG JETS. I KNOW A GUY WHO HAS HAD MANY JETS, EUROFIGHTER,F-18 ETC AND HE SOLD THEM ALL AN BOUGHT A BABY BOOMERANG. FLIES WELL OF A P-60 AND IS A ROCKET WITH A P-70. FLIES OF GRASS NO PROBLEM AT ALL, THE EXPERIENCED JET PIOLTS ARE DOING ACROBATICS THAT MAKE NORMAL JET PIOLTS KNEES SHAKE. I ALMOST BOUGHT ONE BUT I AM GOING TO DO A GIANT SCALE WAR BIRD FIRST. ONE ONE THING THE TURBINE IS CONCEALED IN THE BACK OF THE FUSE, NOT OUT IN THE OPEN.

MATT
Old 09-19-2006, 06:12 AM
SIM2U
Banned

One thing I have seen that I am not a fan of with the boomerang is that in barrel roles and twists, the tail flips from side to side at med to high speed like a yellow fin tuna...I was viewing the "The jets over Pampa 2006" and there were a few boomerangs there, I think the Graupner Hotspot has better arial ability than that - in some ways, and has a better aerofoil than the boomerang. I own neither of these so this is just my assumption from my small expereince. Something like a smaller mirage, NASA F-18 or an X-35...? Along these lines but in Japan, I am finding it hard locate stores for a location to buy.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:47 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Here we go...something like this is perhaps perfect: http://www.savex.cz/prod.php?lang=en&id=11

just have to find a distributor for Japan or one that would ship to japan...? Any ideas...?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:46 AM
SIM2U
Banned

FINISHED...I had the info I wanted emailed to me...thanks.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Grace_Bohdi

Yeah see...I told you buddy, waist of time. you may as well ask the anal commando's of section D of the right wing to give you a hand and information on how to be an anal. Go to the other forum I gave you, there not elitist yoghurt drinkers with goofy hats and quacky kazzal like Kim Jong Ill sunglasses.[X(]
Old 09-24-2006, 11:21 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't own one, but I have seen it fly...the Savex L-39 with the Wren MW44 gold is a pretty incredible combination.
I don't think Savex sells much through dealers, only direct, and there is a waiting list, but I would assume he ships to Japan as well as the rest of the world.
If you buy the Mw44, there are fewer airframes available, but the planes are much smaller, less to deal with.
If you get a 54 class engine, you have more options. Check out the Cermark F-16, it's really nice, and a real bargain.