Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Aggressor III EVF conversion.... SEE IT AT SUPERMAN

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

BVM Aggressor III EVF conversion.... SEE IT AT SUPERMAN

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Dustin Buescher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM Aggressor III EVF conversion.... SEE IT AT SUPERMAN

Hey everyone,

With a day off between the WJM Qualifier and Superman, I decided to continue north to Wisconsin from litchfield to pick up my old trusty BVM Aggressor III. Oh yeah I also wanted to surprise my parents with an unexpected visit and a free room for two nights.... Thanks mom!

So anyways, after cleaning the dust and oil off of the plane, I decided to remove the old oily piston fan, fuel system and tail pipe. This took about 1 hr to get the old equipment removed. I used plenty of rubbing alcohol to try to remove as much grease and oil residue from the inside of the model; still not perfect, but much cleaner.

I performed the usual checks one should do to a plane after it had been sitting for over two years. I checked the air system and found a few leaks, some new tubing took care of those problems. I cycled the gear many times and left them in the up and down position for at least 1 hour with no major leaks noticed. Lubed the wheels and breaks, wiggled all the controls, replaced the battery.... etc, etc.

I will receive my BVM EVF fan, motor, speed control and accrssories when I meet up with the BVM trailers at Superman. The new EVF system will be a direct drop-in replacement to the old Viofan/VioJet units.

I invite all electric enthusiasts to come and watch the install Thursday, probably in the AM, or stop by the BVM booth later in the week just to check it out and talk electric jets.

See you at Superman Oct 4-9!!

I will post installation photos as the week progresses...Check back often!

If you are within a days driving distance, and are interested in electric jets, I would not miss this event!

Time to go burn some electrons!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10854.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	534535  
Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 AM
CTulanko

Default RE: BVM Aggressor III EVF conversion.... SEE IT AT SUPERMAN

Dustin,

Keep us up to date on the conversion and you may want to ask a few questions when you are there. I would be curious to know if they are going to bring back the Viper and Maverick just for the EDF conversion. Also, if you could find out if their models will be able to accept the other makes of 120mm fans out there, that would be appreciated. If they are smart and Bob is indeed a pretty sharp guy, the answer will be yes that their model will take any make of fan. If not, then I don't see much market in it as there are very good fans out there right now in production and much better than the original BVM EDF they sported earlier this year in Florida. Unless they have made drastic changes in their design, fans like the Schubeler DS94 with 19lbs of thrust will do circles around it. Also, if it is a lesser performing fan, they may also want to ensure they don't over price the unit compared to what is already available.

High power EDF's aren't new and with pioneers like Chris True, Kevin Cox, Ted Goodwin, and many others that have put years of time into the hobby, it has finally come to a point where the marketers such as BVM are taking notice. I hope these companies realize that Big EDF's are nothing new and that the pioneers I listed have set the bar pretty high already, so the had better release a product good enough to compete and compatable enough to give the current EDF fliers the choices they require.

Like I said, keep us up to date on your conversion...it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Have a great day!

Carl
Old 10-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: BVM Aggressor III EVF conversion.... SEE IT AT SUPERMAN

Dustin,

I heard that the EVF did great, I knew it would. See you guys at the FIJR! Can't wait to find out where I am on the waiting list. Please put in a good word with Patty for me.

Best Regards, Bill & Kay