Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

JEPE PIRANHA

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEPE PIRANHA

Hey all. Was eyeing a new purchase but would like some feed back first from the best rc nuts around. I have my eye on the F-5 @ hobby lobby but my #1 choice is the Jepe Piranha @ ductfans.com I was going to buy the Pirahna with the ds-30 fan and lehner 15/20/2 motor w/ jetset 60a esc. Can anyone give me any feed back on these two jets and which mey be the better buy? performance, customer service, parts are important thoughts..thank you for all the help. -R.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
JETSETF18

Default RE: JEPE PIRANHA

I own a JEPE F-16 and it has been clocked at 157mph at 6000 feet above sea level. Not to sure on the Jepe F-5, but the kit is well worth the money with the spyder fan setup they offer. I would go with JEPE all the way if you have the money.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:54 AM
BobtheNuke
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: JEPE PIRANHA

Since your question was aimed at the Pyrahna, I'll give you my take on it.

It's relatively inexpensive, but if you go the Lehner/Shubeler route you're going to get into the $$. Unless you have a lot to spend, I'd go for a Wemotec/Mega 16/20/2 or Het 2W20 setup which will be very, very fast. If you first take the Pyranha wooden parts and trace them you can make a new wing, if needed, for next to nothing because it's an extremely simple affair...same for the tail feathers. Many people just cover the wood parts with Monokote or some similar film...I glass them but that's me.

As far as replacement parts, I have no information to offer - you'll have to talk to the dealer about that.

Hope this helps a little,

Bob