Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

EDF ARF

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:03 PM
mattu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDF ARF

Can anyone help me out? Im looking for a moderately fast EDF with landing gear if possible that is ARF or RTF. I have been trying to research online but I keep coming up with either kits that require a degree in engineering or kits that require a home equity line of credit. The depron kits interest me but I dont know truly how difficult they are to build and locate the CG etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:12 PM
JETSETF18

Default RE: EDF ARF

What kind of jet did you want with landing gear? What size plane? Are you looking for air retracts?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:08 PM
hardnut

hi
i have one of these jp tigershark 400DF it comes ARTF and has the brushless motor,esc and fan unit included also you can get air retracts for it
its fast at about 120mph but also flys nice and slow
price for kit is about £100
he's a link to the video:

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...=ARTF%20-%20JP

Hope this helps
Rob
Old 11-06-2006, 04:12 PM
mattu

Mid size jet with servo retracts or stationary landing gear. The only thing I have found moderately inexpensive, is the Art tech su 27. This is dual ducted fan with landing gear. I have read the threads about the cheap construction and the poor performance of the under powered motors. If there is a better model similar to this type of RTF please let me know. I don't have the time or patience to scratch build a foam kit.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked out ejf.com, they might have what you're looking for.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:37 AM
CTulanko

Try Markos at www.warbirdsrc.com ... He has one of the best selctions of EDF's and all his prices are with shipping included! Moreover, he is the only one I know of that has replacement parts for the HET/RC line and even offers a discounted replacement price in case you core sample your model; that's really good service!

Carl
Old 11-20-2006, 01:12 AM
PilotSmith
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Hardnut,

I like that Tiger Shark of yours. Very simple and clean design. It would have saved me money in the long run getting something like that than trying to convert the 3D Foamy F18 to EDF. That Tiger Shark really screams! Maybe once it is time to retire my FA18 I'll get something like that. Given its small size and fast speed, is it a handful in the air?
Old 11-20-2006, 01:21 AM
PilotSmith
My Feedback: (1)

Ooops - double posted.