Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

DF mounting ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF mounting ??

I've got a Kyosho DF out of an old T-33. It has no tabs like a WeMo mini does. I was thinking of just gluing some thin plywood to it and using a strap-like to mount it.
I'm drawing up a Reactor 54 like jet with exposed fan kinda like a pod mounted fan on airliners. Just wondered if anyone has done this or any ideas on how to mount??

Thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 01:31 PM
propjet
My Feedback: (68)

Default RE: DF mounting ??

You might want to ask Larry Dudeck. Try sending him a PM, he will reply.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Dutkoski

You may want to build or design a nacelle for that fan, it needs all the help it can get. Without an intake ring at least you will loose performance. Also make a tail cone that is about 80% of the fan sweep area to build up velocity of the thrust. If you have a hot wire setup, designing a foam nacelle is quite easy and quick with some 1/16" plywood templates. I would use the pink or blue extruded foam for it's strength and ease of sanding. You can then easily install some mounting formers to attach it to the airframe.
Good luck with your project.
John Dutkoski
Models By John
Old 03-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Daren Savage
My Feedback: (6)

I just glued a couple of 1/8" birch ply tabs to either side using epoxy and it worked great. Check it out:

[link=http://www.allaboutguppys.com/f-4/model/fan/fan.htm]Kyosho Fan Unit[/link]

Daren