Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

anyone ever use a United Hobbies fan??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

anyone ever use a United Hobbies fan??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 AM
funkworks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever use a United Hobbies fan??

Does anyone have any experience with the fans on the United Hobbies website. The prices are really low and was just curious to know if they are the real deal. Im looking at getting their 5'' fan for a project. Their motors and esc's look to be pretty inexpensive too...
Old 12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: anyone ever use a United Hobbies fan??

I have the 4.5 inch fan and recommended motor with the 110 A ESC which they sell. The motor fan combination is strong, and on the bench is quite impressive, scary is more appropriate description. The motor mounting is weak in the fan housing and am concerned about it. Also the screw which holds the rotor hub to the motor shaft is not very good and I have had my fan come off in the shroud at half speed, which gave me the willies, luckily it was contained in the air craft. I think with a little tinkering you could make these work. I still have both which I orderd and eventually hope to put them to good use. There is a forum on the UH site with a guy who tells how to make them work effeciently (Miljenko (sp?)) I believe.
Good luck
TOmmy