Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 New to DF...need help! >

New to DF...need help!

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

New to DF...need help!

Old 03-16-2008, 10:33 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to DF...need help!

I apologize if i'm posting in the wrong forum but I wasn't able to find an gas DF specific forum.

I am trying to convert a keecat 65, which is a pusher prop A/C, to a ducted fan A/C. I just purchased a K&B 82 sized engine that came with a dynamax fan. I have never used a ducted fan engine and I don't want to cook this engine on its first run. My knowledge on inlet design is also very limited to what I learned from my engineering classes. So, to start this off, I would like to get some help in deciding what size inlet duct I should build to get the best performance out of this engine/fan combo. If any of you know any good websites that might be helpful, please give me the links. I figure inlet design has to be similar on both electrics and gassers so I would appreciate any help here.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: New to DF...need help!

You really need to find a flying club nearby. They can do a ton of good for you and your EDF equipment. You really need a experienced EDF builder & pilot.

I can find a AMA club near you, if you want a good starting point. A zip code will do.

Rich