Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sapac F22 battery upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Sapac F22 battery upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Big Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sapac F22 battery upgrade

I've read a lot of stuff about this F22 and it seems the hot setup is with stock fans and even the motors running on 4S 25c 3000-4000 mah batteries if you upgrade the ESC's.

That's cool but I'm wondering if I leave the motors and fans stock can I go to a 25C -30C 3S 3000-4000mah battery without frying the stock ESC's. The answer to this may be somewhere in the volumes of posts on this plane but I can't find it. I just bought one of the so called rtf planes.

Thanks

Big Mike
Old 08-08-2008, 07:50 PM
pbusa1400

Default RE: Sapac F22 battery upgrade

Theres no problem running the battery you want. but changing the esc's and putting a 4s really wakes up the performance.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Big Mike

I thought I had read somewhere that a 25-30 C battery would allow so much more current to flow that the ESC's would not be able to handle it. I think I read this on the RC Groups site but I could never find that post again. I believe someone connected with the developement of that plane said they had purposely put a 3S 15C 3000mah battery, which has a theoretical limit of 22.5 amps per ESC, in the plane to protect the 25 amp ESC's.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Big Mike

The reason I'm concerned is I recently burnt up the motor and ESC on an E-Flite Ultimate. It had all the recommended E-Flite stuff in it but when I switched from the recommended 15C battery to a 25C battery of the same capacity the plane's performance went way up but after five flights it smoked the motor/ESC.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
davy702

ORIGINAL: Big Mike

I've read a lot of stuff about this F22 and it seems the hot setup is with stock fans and even the motors running on 4S 25c 3000-4000 mah batteries if you upgrade the ESC's.

That's cool but I'm wondering if I leave the motors and fans stock can I go to a 25C -30C 3S 3000-4000mah battery without frying the stock ESC's. The answer to this may be somewhere in the volumes of posts on this plane but I can't find it. I just bought one of the so called rtf planes.

Thanks

Big Mike
Hi,

Your posting is the onlly one I saw with sapac F22 so I thought of posting my question here.

I'm a new owner of a sapac F22 but the assembly manual is terrible at best to understand. Is there a better assembly manual out there that's available? I would like to know for instance the best glue to use in the assembly, etc. Thanks for you help.

Davy702