Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

new starmax f-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new starmax f-4

have you guys seen this one yet?

http://www.nitroplanes.com/army-exceed-rc-f-4e-.html

what do you think? it looks great, wonder how it will fly? i am flying seven electric prop planes right now, and would love to order a jet, but have read about too many problems with these things (burnt esc's, edf units that break, bulging packs, failures to rog, etc). any comments/suggestions are welcome! rob
Old 09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
tarro

Default RE: new starmax f-4

Rob take my advise, never buy these RTF EDFs, only buy them as kits or with as few electronics as possible. You will end up replacing everything in them to get the RTF.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:47 PM
rcmiket

Ok Rob the other side of the coin. If your looking for a entry level EDF Starmax has a pretty good name. Since you already own several electrics chances are you have a good charger and some descent batteries. I would go PNP rather than the one with the radio provided they tend to be on the shabby side. I own the Starmax F-18 sold trough Hobby Lobby and it was my first EDF it's a great flying plane. Short of a better battery its stock and is really fun to fly. Its not a Mach 1 machine but fun and a cheap price. I got mine on sale for 179 delivered. You can always upgrade components at a later date. It all depends on just what you expect as far as preformance. Do your homework before you buy. Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72593.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1026750  
Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Rob, check with Doug on it he probably already has at least one.

How bout a balsa one? Like my F20. Or my Me262. Little more money, but lot better birds.

Both are HET models, from here. http://www.warbirds-rc.com/
Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roll rate is tremendous, vertical performance is awesome, and downright speed, well...most EDFs, you fly around at full bore all the time, with this one, you want to save full throttle for verticals and high speed passes, and throttle back to half or two thirds to keep the thing manageable the rest of the time, it's mighty quick.

Interesting ... also it looks very fast and can pull loops nicely in the video ...