Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

EDF HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:30 PM
jamiechip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDF HELP

hi there every one im just after a little help im new to the hole electric thing ive come from mostly glow or gas planes and im realy interested in the edf i have gone and purchased a kyosho illusion edf and its great a little slow but otherwise great what im after is some help with the electrics in general just wondering does increasing the voltage increase the rpm without harming the esc or motor and does anyone have a good solution for an upgrade on the stock kyosho motor in these df45 jet range my next plane im looking at is the alfa f-86 jet but it looks like you can do almost anything with the motor on that just these kyoshos if anyone out there has anything that could help me it would be greatly apreciated thanks
regards jamie
Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
haasjj

Default RE: EDF HELP

Some ESC and motors are only made for 3cell lipo's so with out knowing what the ESC is capable of and its limitations its hard to know if it will be damaged or not.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Dr Kiwi

I very much doubt you could run the stock motor on 4s - since you a stuck with the fixed size fan, you cannot "prop down" to lower amp draw, and I'm sure that you'd exceed the 9-10A limit for the motor.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:22 AM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: Dr Kiwi

I very much doubt you could run the stock motor on 4s - since you a stuck with the fixed size fan, you cannot "prop down" to lower amp draw, and I'm sure that you'd exceed the 9-10A limit for the motor.
Hey Dr Kiwi I didn't know you were on RCU also. I guess I am assuming you're the same Dr. Kiwi on wattflyer.

Yeah it wouldn't take much to over amp it with a 4 cell lipo if the motor limit is 10A.