Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The Nitro & Banana Hobby EDF F-19

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

The Nitro & Banana Hobby EDF F-19

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
TBello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Nitro & Banana Hobby EDF F-19

Has anyone bought this thing? Looks HUGE!! Thinking about going for it but hearing mixed reviews about Banana Hobby.
Looking for anyone that has bought this plane.....

Comments.....

Tim

Old 10-11-2008, 03:18 PM
BeanerECMO
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: The Nitro & Banana Hobby EDF F-19

I was looking for another airplane. This is an F-18 Super Hornet.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 PM
TBello

Wrong again Beaner.... Thats what I thought.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1476.html
Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
BeanerECMO

What is the F-19? Better tell the Navy, they hadn't heard of it. I was in during the f-18 development and left as a CDR.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

I bought one of these, just finished the assembly haven't flown it yet. Nice looking EDF, it's large. Pretty cool retracts with a compressor inside so you dont have to pump air in to get them to work. I ordered directly from China for $480 and yes it came damage at the front of the Fuse, but they refunded me back $80 for it with no problems. It does not have working rudders but you couls easily add some micro servos for the rudders which are already hinged. Comes with to 1300 Lipo's which I don't think are all that great and a charger that charges each battery for 3 hrs each one at a time. The little motors and fans really scream and seem to be enough power for this plane but i'm sure you can upgrade it. Once I get it up in the air I will let you guys know the details...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77781.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	1051251  
Old 10-27-2008, 02:57 PM
ramac7716

don,t buy from banana hobby they are not very good about customer support and they don't answere phones
Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

I Also Have one for Sale Brand New in Box. Thanks Ty
Old 10-31-2008, 04:24 PM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: ramac7716

don,t buy from banana hobby they are not very good about customer support and they don't answere phones

Not true. I am here and working hard to answer all calls and emails. If you get a busy signal it means we are assisting other customers at that time. Please try and call again. I am very proud of the customer support I can offer and I plan on continuing that 100%. If you do not get an answer by email, you can always PM me here. Thanks guys!

Pete
Old 11-09-2008, 01:17 PM
jimweda

That is a beautiful jet, but I'd want the airframe only since I have way too much stuff laying around from buying a lot of the planes out there that force you to buy their electronics. Hey Pete, is there any way to get just the AIRFRAME from you? I stopped buying pre-packaged stuff because I don't use any of the stock electronics or fan units that come with jets now days. I've had too many failures in the past to chance it anymore and stock is never as fast as I would like it to go. They're fine for people who are just starting out, don't have their own set ups or hate building, but I just have no need for the electronics and fan unit and am looking for airframe only jets/planes right now. I've also tried selling off the stuff I don't need, but it seems that most people don't have a need for them either, so trying to recoup the money lost from buying it with all that stuff in there is wasted. Thanks and let me know if you can get the airframe only version. Also, there are a bunch of people trying to do a group buy on Windrider F-35 or similar to it if you have a hook up for that. Hope to hear from you. Take care.

Jim
Old 11-13-2008, 06:44 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the F19 stock is way underpowered , the other planes from Bannana hobby seem so much better in performance , speed and handeling .
You can see the wings fluctuate as the plane seems to struggle in the air , unlike the other planes offered by BH .
The two new stealth planes look rock solid in the air and really seem to cut the air without the flutter seen in the F19 video
Old 11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
rchobbytime

I have bought from Nitroplanes before, great customer service, no problems. I am not sure about banana, but I would recommend nitroplanes.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Props4ever

They should change there model designation to more appropriate as F-18E/F "Super Hornet" then F-19!. F-19 was concept version of stealth fighter before it was revealed as F-117A!!...other then that looks great and huge for being EDF model!!...
Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 AM
BeanerECMO

Go to wikipedia (and other sites) and you will find another version of the F-19 that doesn't look like the Super Hornet.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM
bhoges17

I emailed Banana hobby 2x 3 weeks back and they never replied. Sorry Pete but you lost my business.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:00 PM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: bhoges17

I emailed Banana hobby 2x 3 weeks back and they never replied. Sorry Pete but you lost my business.

Sorry to hear that. If you have questions, I could be reached here the fastest. We have had problems with emails and our security reading some as spam and never reaching us. I do apologize.

Pete
Old 11-26-2008, 06:06 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

When are the F117 and F111 going to be in stock ??? They are sweet and I am in need for speed
Old 11-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Props4ever

ORIGINAL: Props4ever

They should change there model designation to more appropriate as F-18 "Hornet" then F-19!. F-19 was concept version of stealth fighter before it was revealed as F-117A!!...other then that looks great and huge for being EDF model!!...
I stand corrected on this one, here is what Wikipedia has to say:

The most prevalent theory in the 1980s was that "F-19" was the designation of the stealth fighter whose development was an open secret in the aerospace community. When the actual aircraft was publicly revealed in 1988, it was called the F-117 Nighthawk. There seems to be no evidence that "F-19" was ever used to designate the Nighthawk, although the National Museum of the United States Air Force website (as of 2007[update]) does include the entry "Lockheed F-19 CSIRS (see F-117)".

Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 PM
toolshack

I PLACED A ORDER WITH BANANA HOBBYS IN AMERICA...30-11-2008

HAD A FEW WORRIES AT FIRST...WITH ALL THE BAD PRESS THEY HAVE HAD.....BUT THEY HAVE CONTACTED ME AND THEY SEEM VERY PROFESSIONAL......SO KEEP UP GOOD WORK.....

WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON HOW THE ITEM I ORDERED IS!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
DNCrosby

I had the same issue with their SR-71, turns out for that they're having battery issues from the supplier, and need 'till Dec 30... (After X-Mas) to source the proper parts, on one hand I'm glad they're not letting us go out there with bad hardware, on the other I'm a bit ticked about the fact that I had time set aside during the holidays to put it together....

I'd try their Online Tech support (Chat) on their web page, I seemed to get a descent reply there... And then my PM got answered....

I feel your pain... but unless I wanted to cancel it (nobody else has it SR-71 either) you just have to deal with it.

I know this is about the F18, but they both had the same "Ship" date and could possibly both been delayed... just wanted to speak on how to get in touch, and that disappointment might be in your future as it has mine...

Edit: Well according to their site it's shipping and my release date has now changed to DEC 30, so maybe hang in there, I'd try to Live Chat... to get a hold of them...
Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 PM
lordicon

Hi Pete

I saw your videos, how long have you been flying, your pretty good. Also I ordered an F-19 last night. I dont wanna release my personnal information but I cant wait to get it. Most likely by thursday. Also can you make sure the plane is well packaged basically foam, cushion etc however you deliver it and please place fragile on the box so that the UPS guy wont break it or end up placing it under a big box? Its an expensive and big airplane and i dont want anything happening to it I sent you additional instructions on the email. Looking forward in buying more stuff from you for sure in the future.

Thanks

Joe
Old 03-12-2009, 05:08 PM
yukondanmac

how much do u want for your banana hobby f19?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:30 PM
yukondanmac

u still have that f19 from banana hobby?how much?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:36 PM
highflyer33

Banana Hobby.
I'm new here, but I had ordered the Diamond Back F-18 from them. BEAUTIFUL airplane with lots of power. If there's one thing I hate, it's an underpowered, wimpy airplane!! Yeah, I've had to wait to get someone's help, but I'll tell ya... Last night I waited to talk to Pete, and it was worth it. He is knowledgable, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile. That means a lot to me, and well worth the wait!! Don't get discouraged.
I'm still happy with Banana, and will surely go back!!!

Don't worry about it Pete. You have MY support!

Mike-
Old 03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
G-ROOKIE
My Feedback: (51)

Ok Guy's look at this web. www.Kampunghobby.com , They are selling the FA-18 for $399.90, F19 $299.00 and more. They are the same planes as BananaHobby.com. I sent them an email and she replys fast.

Hope this helps!!!!

I am not trying to hurt BH, just some other options for those who are scared.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM
yukondanmac

has anybody bought from kampunghobby.com?i wonder if they will sell single planes or if they're wholesalers only...