Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

HET MiG-29

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 PM
p51dplt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HET MiG-29

Does anyone have any experience with the MiG-29? I saw one a couple of weeks ago and really like the looks and quality.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Brant
Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Asif
My Feedback: (30)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HET MiG-29

I am also looking for some input. In the mean time check this Mig build link

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852200

Regards
Asif
Old 12-18-2008, 07:45 AM
oesterling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I had the mig 29 from HET this summer, but I discoverd too late that the CG in the manual was wrong, so it was extremly dificult to control, and crashd after only 1 min in the air..I wasn't impressed by the quality on this plane, nest time I will defently go for a better quality like Composite, Bvm or tamjet.

Kind regards

Jan
Old 12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: oesterling

Hello

I had the mig 29 from HET this summer, but I discoverd too late that the CG in the manual was wrong, so it was extremly dificult to control, and crashd after only 1 min in the air..I wasn't impressed by the quality on this plane, nest time I will defently go for a better quality like Composite, Bvm or tamjet.

Kind regards

Jan
Unfortunately, the comparison is not fair.
HET manufactures reasonable quality models for the mass market (if you can call ANY edf model "mass market" 0 CompArf, Tam and BVM represent increasing levels of excellence, at a price.
A Hundai will get you to work just as well as a BMV, however you get other things with the different prices.
Long ago I learned to measure the CG of ANY airplane or plan with the same hard lesson you had. It's a crappy one! [&o]
I, too, wish that HET used epoxy for their fuselages rather than poyester, but for the cost and rapid production schedules, and at a cost not much more than styrofoam, I have a hard time complaining real loudly.

Give Robert at EJF a call. Since he deals a bunch of different brands, he can give you the straight poop on quality vs. dollars spent.

Greg