Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RICCS or ART-TECH.....

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

RICCS or ART-TECH.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
kens999
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RICCS or ART-TECH.....

Hello,

Between RICCS and ART-TECH, in your opinion, who makes the more reliable, better quality Foam EDF Jet product?

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:01 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: RICCS or ART-TECH.....

i had a riccs mirage, and trust me......it was abolutely JUNK! the nose wheel assembly broke on the very first landing (and it was a good one, on pavement). this happaned to my friend's, too. the problems started there, and ended with the jet going to the local landfill. i would never consider another riccs product. be careful, they had their hand in on some freewing products, too. i don't have any art-tech jets, but i have four of their other models. they fly great, and quality is superb. all i have ever done with those is assemble and fly! no mods what so ever. my guess is that their jets would be of the same quality. i have been waiting for their mig-15 to come out. good luck! r.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:25 PM
kens999

Thanks Rob.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:59 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

The new Riccs T-38 is a looker! Looks a lot nicer then the Freewing version.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 AM
ssrc30

ORIGINAL: kens999

Hello,

Between RICCS and ART-TECH, in your opinion, who makes the more reliable, better quality Foam EDF Jet product?

Thanks.

RICCS is garbage, absolute garbage. rob737 had it right when he was talking about their Mirage, what a piece of junk.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:04 PM
_Tommy D

I can tell you I own the T-38 and it flys as good as or better then it looks.

Compared to the Freewing version of the T-38 it's a lot more scale.

Garbage... I think not!

Tommy D
Old 11-15-2008, 08:13 PM
rchobbytime

I just picked up the t38 from www.rtfrcairplanes.com for $170 shipped, I think it is a great jet. The quality of the plane seems good and I thought for the price, why not!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

The RICCS Mirage is substandard IMHO, but the T-38 is a relly good flying airframe and it is fairly well done. You have to be careful what you choose in the Chinese foamie EDF arena. None of the manufacturers have a complete high quality product line.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:04 PM
R/C FLYR

I would go with the art tech, at least they have a 2.4 Ghz radio on their new F-18. Riccs is JUNK no range wrecked a mirage because of it.The Blue Angel looks Real good... R/C FLYR
Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 PM
_Tommy D

FYI if you bothered to look, or ask, the Riccs models are also sold with a 2.4 setup.

In fact I would guess their electronics are identical to Art-Tech or Freewing.

Tommy D
Old 11-21-2008, 10:08 AM
R/C FLYR

Well, I looked on their web site and they have nothing about 2.4, only 3 planes listed so i guess i haven't found anything so far. R/C FLYR[&o]
Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 AM
R/C FLYR

Correction, i looked a little harder, and found them, all i can say is i wish they would have had them when i wrecked my mirage... R/C FLYR[]
Old 11-21-2008, 11:04 AM
kens999

The ART-TECH website displays some RTF EDF Jets with 2.4GHz radios. However, my personal experience has been that the US hobby shops that were recently recommended by the ART-TECH sales department back in China appear to only advertise the 72MHz radios for these RTF jets. IMHO...Do you think the US shops are trying to dump their 72MHz inventories before stocking the newer 2.4 GHz stuff from ART-TECH? Well.....hopefully ART-TECH is listening in?
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 PM
rob737

why don't you try to email art-tech directly with that question? i emailed them a couple of times earlier this fall (wondering when their mig 15 will be available....it looks sweet!). on both occasions they replied quickly, within a day or so. bet they can help. rob

ps.....the riccs mirage sux!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:30 PM
R/C FLYR

Well Kens, i hope that you are not right on that, because if you are it will be going back they showed it sold with a 2.4 R/C FLYR
Old 11-21-2008, 03:36 PM
kens999

Hi Rob,

Already done. A couple weeks back, the rep. from ART-TECH did tell me they were going to "push" US sellers to order these 2.4GHz packages. Let's see what happens.

Your PS on the Mirage got a laugh out of me. I did end up sending my Mirage back to the EBAY seller. I kinda liked that plane, but what do I know, Im new to all this stuff. I have to tell you that the RICCS rep. in China appeared very proactive and genuinely interested when responding to my concerns. But...the plane just had some out of the box issues that left me with a less than a good feeling about it, especially me being a novice. Never flew it. In the mean time I will take my licks learning on a HZ Super Cub and a flight sim.... while I will continue to shop for my first EDF jet.

Thanks,
Ken.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
R/C FLYR

Hey Kens, i post when it arrives, i hope you are right, i really do not want to send it back!! R/C FLYR
Old 11-22-2008, 12:17 AM
R/C FLYR

It will be going back, it is coming with the 72Mhz radio, even though they picture it with a Art Tech 2.4 Ghz radio. Unbelievable. I just can not take the chance after wrecking a mirage because of cheap radio sets....... MAJOR BUMMER!!! R/C FLYR[&o]
Old 11-22-2008, 01:27 PM
rob737

hi ken, i had to throw that p.s. in there, just because i had such an awful experience with that plane! hope i didn't upset anyone. the reall bummer is that my mirage went out with the trash before the credit card bill for it even arrived. i have looked at the art tech eurofighter.....i like the delta wing look and it looks great on the flight videos. i have to wait a while, i just ordered the f9 panther form hobby-lobby (it arrives next week) and need to let the finances recover. it will be my third jet. a while back a friend sent me his busted up freewing t38. i patched it up and attempted to fly it, but i crashed it shortly after it's first take off. not sure what happaned, maybe my repairs were a bit off. i too started with the hz supercub, and now have a bunch of art-techs, an eflite jug, the pz t28, cub and corsair,and a gws dc3. good luck with your first jet! they do look really cool if you can keep them up. rob
Old 11-24-2008, 05:50 AM
PauliPower

I dont any RICCS planes but I do own 2 ARTTECH planes. The SU-27 and the F-18 Blue Angels. The SU was a bit underpowered when I got it but still flew. The f-18 was fine and flew great. I have upgraded the F-18 and it is my favourite plane to fly.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:38 PM
_Tommy D

Riccs T-38 out on a windy and cold day.

Very nice flying model.

Tommy D

Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 AM
STEVEBLUEANGEL

pauli,I ordered the Angel 18 tonight how or what was the upgrade?Please share and use all the bad words!