Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DL Cyclone Conversion to EDF

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

DL Cyclone Conversion to EDF

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:05 AM
wildcat4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DL Cyclone Conversion to EDF

Years ago I purchased one of the original DL Aeromodels Cyclone DF kit. It stayed unopened in the garage for several years. I've been working on it off and on for the past 6 years.

With the current advances in batteries and electric motors it was suggested that going the EDF route would be easier than DF and cheaper than a turbine.

I have both a RamTech and a Dynamax fan available. Where can I go to get information on converting a plane this size to EDF. Will the results negate the time and money expended? Is it suitable for EDF conversion? Can I use one of the existing fans? Where can I find help and/or information re motor selection, etc.

Any advise/suggestion is appreciated. My only experience with electrics is limited to my EFlite helicopter. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
jetflyrf86
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DL Cyclone Conversion to EDF

Having built 4 Cyclones over the years, I would say it is a good candidate for EDF. You would be looking at $900-$1000 for the propulsion system. Go to RC Groups under electric flight EDF Jets.

Some building threads:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937302
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=BVM+Electra

This info should keep you busy for a while.