Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Twister on 4cell lipo????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Twister on 4cell lipo????

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Hiflyer001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twister on 4cell lipo????

Is it possible to fly the Multiplex Twister on a 4cell 2200 mah lipo with proper throttle management??? At 5500 feet altitude the 3cell 3800 mah battery will not work. Just the weight alone of the battery is too heavy. I know it will take off better with a 4cell but will have to throttle back when airborne. The esc handles 4cells. Will this work....just curious.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Twister on 4cell lipo????

I have flown mine since it was new on a 30c 4 2000 Ma and have never had a bit of trouble with it and I'm not much for throttle management. I was told there might be a problem with frying the EDF unit but no problems so far.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Hiflyer001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sail for the info. I'll try it tomorrow...
Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I flew mine on the stock motor with 4S and I got carried away, the motor did not last. Quite a few on RC Groups tried 4S on the stock motor and they sooner or later fried it. I would say that on 4S the motor will probably fry unless you are very disciplined with your throttle management. Also, careful with your amp draw, your packs are only 2,200 mAh. On 4S you need a UBEC or RX batt pack too.

Best to go with a motor of 3,300KV but the stock fan unit has a 4mm adapter which kinda 5ucks. I went with the HET 6904 and 2W-20 for 4S, its nice.