Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New EFlite BAE Hawk EDF

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

New EFlite BAE Hawk EDF

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
gpoore
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New EFlite BAE Hawk EDF

Hey guys, I am new to the EDF jet scene, intrigued to say the least. Considering how far technology has taken all of us...thought it might be fun...and hate the foamie jobs. But, saw an ad for the new BAE Hawk in the RCU rag...and was curious. After some interesting vids on the website...was wondering if there are any out there flying. And, also IMHO, I think E flite dropped the ball with NOT putting retracts on the plane...and was wondering if anyone besides me has considered a little kit bashing project.

Well, thats all I got, email me if you have any info or are 'in the know'

[email protected]
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Sam77

Default RE: New EFlite BAE Hawk EDF

I saw this while at iHobby in October. Looks to be a pretty sharp plane, loads of cheater holes in the bottom of the fuse - but all-in-all it's a looker. Seems to be pretty stout, but I'm wary about E-flite ducted fan power plants after getting burned with the Art-Tech crap in the F-16. Granted, it's supposed to work with the E-flite brand fan and motor and they appeared to be quality stuff.

-Sam
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 AM
gr8taz nitro
My Feedback: (7)

Should be getting mine tomorrow. I'm considering putting a HET 6904 and ammo motor that I happen to have laying around.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Pappy

Anyone bought the Hawk yet? I was thinking about getting one - looks great. I do hate the landing gear hanging down like that. I wonder if you could leave it off and hand launch?
Let me know.
Thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 09:41 AM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

I have one flying on the recommended fan and motor. It flys o.k. I'm using 3s batteries. I'm not real impressed with it. It's heavy for such a small airplane in my opinion. The thrust tube is mounted in such a way where it causes a nose down attitude which requires up trim when you're at full throttle. When landing, it wants to pitch up due to the trim required for full throttle flight. I would not hand launch. The airplane is too heavy.
Steve
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 AM
Duncan

I saw Ali's on saturday and was inpressed with the quality of it for the price. He tells me it flys just like a turbine model, yes the wing loading is higher than some edf's foamy's but it sounds like that feature will make it a good model to try before flying jets.

I asked about the undercarridge too, they are designed to unscrew in about 30 seconds so you have the option depending where you are flying from. You could always bungee it if you added some strength
Old 01-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Big Cap Guy

Can you elaborate on "flies o.k."? I am a giant scale 3d'er and wanting to step into jets. I am considering the BAE Hawk but I am somewhat leary due to my high altitude field elevation (CO). Guys are flying EDF's at my field but I am so used to 2:1 pwr/wgt. Just looking for a fun change of pace and something to put my Phoenix 60 in. This looks to be a fairly cost effective way to try out the jet action. The molded foam jets just don't seem appealing to me. If you could give some more details it would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Big Cap Guy

Can you elaborate on "flies o.k."? I am a giant scale 3d'er and wanting to step into jets. I am considering the BAE Hawk but I am somewhat leary due to my high altitude field elevation (CO). Guys are flying EDF's at my field but I am so used to 2:1 pwr/wgt. Just looking for a fun change of pace and something to put my Phoenix 60 in. This looks to be a fairly cost effective way to try out the jet action. The molded foam jets just don't seem appealing to me. If you could give some more details it would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 AM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

My BAE Hawk doesn't seem as fast as the one on the video. I've only been flying it since after Christmas so it has been pretty cool here at 400 ft msl. As far as looks, I get a lot of compliments from the guys at the field. It responds well to control inputs.It just flies heavy IMO.
Steve
Old 01-30-2009, 06:08 PM
gjmjoe017
My Feedback: (1)

Big Cap Guy,if you want bang for the buck and get into pretty good performance,go with one of the HET jets.I have had two and they really get up and go.I think the Sniper is one of the best flying rc models I have ever had.It also hauls butt.It is a blast.I love bungee launching off a ramp also.Lots of fun for the money.Just my two cents.
Joe
Old 02-26-2009, 03:57 PM
tallyho88
My Feedback: (2)

Pappy,
I was thinking same thing....but I think retracts might add weight not wanted!!!!Forget the undercarriage & figure a way to bungee HI_START! Let me know when you do.
Norman
Old 04-02-2009, 06:13 PM
rgandee
My Feedback: (40)

Hey Big Cap Guy, I have one of these planes that I am selling. I haven't flown it so I cannot comment on how it flies because I haven't purchased any batteries yet, but I was considering going with a 4S1P 2600-3000 mah li-po for mine. If you want to purchase this plane I will sell it ready to fly minus battery and speed controller. It has the recomended brushless motor and fan combo with a spectrum 5 channel receiver. It needs stronger servos than the recommended Eflite S75. I have the landing gear installed with steerable nose gear, but the one for steering the is already stripped. I plan to use esc/batteries for future projects, that is why I chose 4 cells.

[email protected]