Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Banana Hobby

I ordered two planes from Banana, their BlitZ F-86 and their BlitZ F-4 in camo (looks great).

Got them last week, did the F-86 and last night I started the F-4, ordered each with a extra battery.

The F-86 came with a balance charger but the F-4 did not...[:@]

The box the F-4 came in said a charger was included, it was not so before calling Banana I check their web site, the flight video for the Camo F-4 said at the end, a balance charger was included so armed with that info I called Banana.

They said it was a "type-O" and a charger WAS NOT included and would cost me around 50 bucks...[:@]

I spent $611.00 on two planes with extra batteries so one would think they would send me a charger just for "goodwill" sake since it was THEIR type-O...[:@]

It would be a royal pain to send it back since It's now assembled (and looks damn good).

Guess I'll read the FINE print next time.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
frisconick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

you need to read this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82...tm.htm#8412776

They seem to rely on "Typos" to suck you into buying their products. Then they say they are not responsible for typos.

Nick
Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Carlos Murphy

Got a reply to my letter to Banana,

It all boiled down to too bad, you should have read the "Price & Terms" on our web site, "we're not responsible for typo's".

I got no satisfaction OR respect (thank you Rodney Dangerfield) so I simply replied "GOOD-BYE"! [:@]

Apparently their reputation means nothing to them...[&o]
Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 AM
FlyinRCBrian

I have posted my dislike for Banana a few weeks ago. I received an F16 that came broken in shipping. I called them and I was told to send an email with pictures. Well, I did as instructed and this was the last I have heard from them. They didn't respond to any email since the problem. I have been in the hobby for 29 years and helped run an RC shop for four years. This is the worst service I have seen in a long time. I will use Hobby Lobby or New Creations RC in the future. The plane was glued back together and flies quite well. However, Banana is not the place to buy a plane. If ANYTHING goes wrong with the order you WILL be out of luck.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Carlos Murphy

Anybody else get "BANANAED" BY Banana?

Is Banana the only place that sells BlitZ airplanes?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Click this LINK

File a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau.

The more people who have gotten ripped off by Banana Hobby that file complaints will get them the rating they deserve and potentially save some other future customers from grief.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
dw_crash
My Feedback: (6)

Gents,

This treads on thin ice. I have been beating up pretty bad for making comments such as these about another vendor. Just a warning that those with good experiences maybe offended and counter-plea a case. Then, things get ugly and not helpful. No, I am not a Banana customer or related to them. Just warning of my experience trying to express items such as these in this thread.

DW_Crash
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Carlos Murphy

The only problem I have with Banana is as I stated, customer service.

I have NO fault with their products, I am very satisfied with the planes I bought, in fact, (after I've cooled off) I'll more than likely buy

from them again just because I do like their products.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
ricardinho

ORIGINAL: FlyinRCBrian

I have posted my dislike for Banana a few weeks ago. I received an F16 that came broken in shipping. I called them and I was told to send an email with pictures. Well, I did as instructed and this was the last I have heard from them. They didn't respond to any email since the problem. I have been in the hobby for 29 years and helped run an RC shop for four years. This is the worst service I have seen in a long time. I will use Hobby Lobby or New Creations RC in the future. The plane was glued back together and flies quite well. However, Banana is not the place to buy a plane. If ANYTHING goes wrong with the order you WILL be out of luck.
i am going to put it like this. the people at banana hobbies are a bunch of *****s!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:09 PM
G-ROOKIE
My Feedback: (51)

Ok Guy's look at this web. www.Kampunghobby.com , They are selling the FA-18 for $399.90, F19 $299.00 and more. They are the same planes as BananaHobby.com. I sent them an email and she replys fast.

Hope this helps!!!!

I am not trying to hurt BH, just some other options for those who are scared.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

i fried a component because it was mislabled on hobbyzone's website. a type-o for sure. one phone call and they immediately made good on the bad part! that's the kind of service we should get. banana sucks, stick with the proven places to do business with. just mho. rob