Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

NitroPlanes.com ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
conrailpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroPlanes.com ?

I'm a newbie and want to order a Exceed F4 . My Question is about nitroplanes.com are these people good to deal with.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:26 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NitroPlanes.com ?

There is a thread on here about them and from what I have read I would not buy anything from them. But you have to make up your own mind, good luck. Eric
Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
IAMKAOS

hobby lobby would be a better choice. much better customer service. quality in their merchandise between the two i would not be sure about.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 AM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

I just ordered my plane, extra battery, lipo sack and their NEW Thunder T6 charger with power supply.... Pretty much everything I should need to fly a new EDF setup.

John was very fast to respond to my PM messages/questions before I ordered. We'll see how the package deal goes.

I was too tired of checking if I wanted to buy the EDF Kit and add all my electronics, which other motor might be better, which speed control or BEC would work with a given battery, and the KING of questions - which charger was "best."

I decided that you can find complaints for almost any product. Just the shipping from different places would kill any cost savings. So, I'm giving them a try and going with everything from NitroPlanes.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 AM
IAMKAOS

i have heard that nitromodels customer has improved. a year ago i went to buy a .25 arf from them and the only reason i did not was their shipping charges were almost twice as much as everyone else's at the time. but i am considering their F-35 edf.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few weeks ago I ordered a F-35 RTF from them, plane looks great, come on time, I can't complain.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a note, the F-4 Phantom's from Banana Hobby are larger than the nitroplanes Phantom's in overall aitframe size, fan and battery.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:48 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

I bought the f-18 from them and the rtf radio went haywire on the maiden, crashed and destroyed. They would not replace or back up the product. Good luck if you buy from them!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:57 AM
IAMKAOS

was it a nitromodels F-18?......this is the reason i'm am not going to buy anymore pnp's or rtf ep planes from any vendor regardless the brand. they all have poor qualitly electronics installed in them. a few days ago a guy showed up at our flying site with a foam RTF ep prop trainer plane .after about two minutes into the first flight something crapped out, either the radio, receiver, bec because it went berserk and crashed destroying the model. afterwards we found a aileron servo not centering but we were not sure that happened in the crash. including myself,in the last 3 months this was about the 12th foam pnp,rtf ep plane that crashed at our site due to electronics. they average about 1 to 5 flights before something goes wrong. the only ones that have had any luck are people who bought "parkzone" planes...but they do not made EDF'S.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:22 AM
jet747

I purchased the nitroplanes F15 (edo F15) and I have to agree the radio is junk . I luckily had a extra futaba 2.4 reciever laying around and used that with my radio. Everything was compatable servos,etc... Everything was shipped nice no damage, plane flies great. That was my only purchase from nitroplanes but everything went smooth.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:40 AM
jbflier

That's why I think the Rx ready planes are the way to go in the future (when you can find them)..........
Old 02-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Bladecx2guy
My Feedback: (2)

i agree completely!! If I find a plane i am interested in buying i always add in the cost of a spektrum reciever even its RTF. Ill never fly with the stock radios again!!