Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WeMoTec Midi/Mega 22/30/3 power advice

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

WeMoTec Midi/Mega 22/30/3 power advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:23 AM
super_clutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WeMoTec Midi/Mega 22/30/3 power advice

Hey Guys!

Looking for a bit of EDF 101 type stuff here. I'm scratch building a model that I'll be scaling based on the power system I have available, which consists of two WeMoTec Midi Fan units with two MEGA 22/30/3 motors and two JETI phasor 70 opto ESC's. My question is what battery setup I should use to power this system. It's been a bit hard to find info on this particular setup that I could make heads or tails of so I'm coming to the guys who know their stuff! I'm looking at Li-polys but I'm not sure what the optimal voltage and capacity would be for this twin motor set up! Do I run two separate packs, one for each motor? Or one assembled battery with a y-harness? Any info (including telling me where I can find the info to figure it out for my own lazy self ) would be appreciated!

Thanks all!

Sam
Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WeMoTec Midi/Mega 22/30/3 power advice

Super C:

Looks like you have some nice stuff for the new bird. I recommend the KISS method, one battery. That way, the voltage to each motor will be the same and little risk of a controller shutting down on you. We have two in the air now, no problems. Run wiring from each motor esc to one plug to connect directly to the battery. Gonna need a good battery for those motors, they are a little amp hungry. Good luck and let us know how she does. Someone who really knows his stuff should chime in here and contest or confirm my recommendations. ENJOY