Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 FULL Scale EDF- F- 100D Sabre >

FULL Scale EDF- F- 100D Sabre

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

FULL Scale EDF- F- 100D Sabre

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FULL Scale EDF- F- 100D Sabre

Hello Guys, I am VERY MUCH planning on getting one of these beauties. Iilia, have you test flown the EDF version? I am planning on either a Midi Pro or Stumax (altough a bit on the expensive side but the sound of the stumax is second to none in the EDF world).
Old 01-14-2010, 03:56 AM

Hello Monza,
I agree with you regarding the Stumax and I am shure this will be a nice setup. I have no concerns about the extra weight as it is known that the Hun flies better on high wing loads.
Sorry, but NO - we could not make any test flights as "Daisy", a cold front has brought lots of snow and it is extremely cold now in Germany.We have to move it to a later date. Meanwhile I have "ripped off" most of the components to make some changes. It is mainly a repositioning of the batteries and saving some weight using a smaller but stronger cylinder to operate the gear door.
I am also very busy on the EDF redesign of my Eurofighter.Due to many many requests, I decided to make an EDF conversion kit and at the moment I build a customer model and document the EDF building procedure- but thats another story.......

Ilja
Old 01-28-2010, 10:23 PM

Have one of these it still needs assembly it seems other projects got the bench.
Nice to see one being built and an EDF conversion on the same thread.
I did some sub assembly of the wheels and axles and the wheel drags on the axle a bit.
Look forward to seeing how its finished. If I was going to EDF mine it would use a
Castle CC110HV controller. The castle link with usb adjustability makes it hands down better.
On the fence about fans, motors and batteries.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Finally it has happened !
I have test flown the Hun a few days ago . The plane has had several modifications and I used very heavy components, all this made the test model very heavy. The total weight is 5400 gramms.
The model has been flown with the main gear opening closed - test have prooved that this "cheater hole" is useless, so I made a vac formed to close the wheel doors. Thrust is slightly over 3000 gramms, the tail pipe is yet NOT tapered down.
The video can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZ95_hq7Es

sorry for the quality, but I did not plan on making a video. At least it gives an impression of the overall performance.
I will try now to reduce the weight and optimize some things for the nxt flight tests.

Ilja