Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

E-Flite F-86 Sabre

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
fastturbinejets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite F-86 Sabre

Well that was my third attempt flying the e-flite f-86. I would not suggest taking off from grass because without a ton of ground speed this plane will tip stall and crash. It was a great looking kit and if I had my own runway maybe they would be more fun.

Sincerely,

Eddie
Old 06-02-2010, 03:28 PM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

Nice plane. I picked one up last week. Still putting it together. Have you flown yours yet? Where do you fly? I notice you have Piedmont Aeromodelers on your posts. I'm a member of Piedmont Aeromodelers.
Take Care,
Steve
Old 06-03-2010, 09:18 AM
mydartswinger

Meps,
Unfortunately, I don't have the right battery for it yet, so I haven't flown it. Hopefully, I'll get that in the next week or so and fly it. I just left NC for a few weeks to go see family in TX. If all goes well, I'll have it maidened and event ready by the 11th. I plan on attending an RC jet event just a few minutes down the road.

Yep, I fly at Piedmont. I was voted in at the May meeting. You may have seen me out at the field a few times. I'm the one that always has the neon orange, blue, and white .50 size glow helicopter with me. I also recently maidened a TWM Spitfire GS (burned up the piston ring during the maiden) there.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:37 PM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

OK Kool. I fly turbine jets out there. I also fly a Magnum. Pretty much anything that has a little speed to it. Buck and I are usually racing our little AT 6s and Magnums. As far as the F-86, I should have mine ready to fly by the weekend. I'm putting the stock set up in mine. I hope it will fly off our grass. I had an Eflite BAE Hawk and it was very difficult getting it off the grass at Piedmont however, I was using a 3s setup with stock fan. I saw the F-86 fly with the stock set up at the First in Flight jet meet last weekend and it was ballistic. Well, hope to see you at the field .
Steve
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Herbs_007

Does anyone know if someone has removed the gear and fitted a bungee hook to the F-86?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Tony Pacini

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still hoping to hear that someone's found a way to retrofit retracts into this bird. I did find a post on youtube showing a retractable nosegear specifically in the E-flite F-86, but nothing on the main gear. It's hard to imagine installing only a retractable nose and leaving the mains fixed.

Does anyone have good news?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Go over to rcgroups to see how someone put retracts in this bird. Finished mine tonite and will need to wait on a battery. I am going to weigh it
and see how it compares to my e-flite hawk. Just holding it, it is heavier than the Hawk, but I want to know how much.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
mydartswinger

Well, I made an attempt at a maiden off of grass this afternoon. I was fighting with a loose nose gear that wouldn't let the plane stay straight. I was unable to get enough ground speed for a good takeoff. I couldn't even force it up. I'll address the nose gear issue and hopefully give her another go this weekend if the weather is decent.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM
caseycherish08

hello

Well I built this plane and tried to fly it today..... wondering what may have caused the following. The plane took off fine, (all preflight checks were ok) plane was climbing but I was unable to bank left or right ..... as if the control surfaces had no travel, I set up the throws to the specs in the manual.... she was headed over the road so I cut power .... she of course stalled and fell off turing finally in the direction I needed but when I reapplied thrust there was not enough elevator to pull it out of the dive. I have flown the pkz Habu and was stepping up into this jet. To me the recommended throws were way to little. If anyone else has any input on what may have gone wrong I would appreciate it. I am sending the plane and radio equipment into Horizon .... not sure if I will build another. It sounds like from everything I have read it should have flown great.... so disappointed.