RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/)
-   -   AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH* (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-jets-198/3244192-aerocat-fast-pusher-%2A70-mph%2A.html)

voodoo_chicken1 05-29-2007 10:18 PM

RE: AeroCat Fast Pusher *70 MPH*

Sure have. Funny how an exact replica flies ever so differently than the original. I got an easy 30-40 flights from the original kit. I had to crash the replica on my 3rd flight. Lost orientation. Haven't had a crash from pilot error in 2-3 years! Darn thing is so fast!

Back to building yet another.

cjshaker 05-29-2007 10:46 PM

Regarding United Hobbies, they came through with the RMA of my speed controller. Sent
me the correct one.

Chris Shaker

tp777fo 06-27-2007 08:39 AM

Anyone flying the F-22 yet? I just ordered one. What is the difference between Aerocat V1 and V2?

Galloping Ghost 06-27-2007 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

Anyone flying the F-22 yet? I just ordered one. What is the difference between Aerocat V1 and V2?
Tom,

Thanks for the order on the F-22. It's on the way! The plane will arrive in a separate shipment from the motor/ESC.

AeroCat V2 will have an all new graphics design, and it will come with carbon fiber pushrods, and hopefully, carbon fiber leading edges. I say hopefully because CF is so expensive, but the benefit in wing stiffness is huge. I hope to have kits in 2-3 weeks. They are going to be sweet!

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

tp777fo 06-28-2007 08:35 AM

Thanks Scott, put me on the list for a v2 Aerocat. Just email when they are in!

tman52748 06-28-2007 01:28 PM

I am interested in the F-22 as well. Anyone in here fly one yet?

Galloping Ghost 06-28-2007 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: tman52806

I am interested in the F-22 as well. Anyone in here fly one yet?
The F-22 was just introdued last week so there aren't a lot flying yet, but after seeing the vid and talking to a non-biased pilot who is flying one, it looks awesome. The flight reports are great!

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

ckoerner 01-20-2008 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been milling foamies for people all winter. So I thought I would try it on an Aerocat. I was making this one for indoors. We fly at a dome. My regular one flew fine there, but wanted to get it lighter. So I made a milling jig and milled one airframe. So far I have taken of 10 grams. Doesn't sound like much, but it's almost the weight of two servos. The airframe is still very stiff. Should have this one at the E-Fest. That's where I got hooked on this plane.

Galloping Ghost 01-20-2008 02:45 PM

That is very cool! Nice work!

Make sure you bring it by the Model Aero booth so I can check it out close-up.

See you there.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

ckoerner 01-24-2008 08:44 PM

Any one have picts of the rudder set up?

ckoerner 01-24-2008 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the latest pict.

Galloping Ghost 01-24-2008 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: ckoerner

Any one have picts of the rudder set up?
I have a pic of the rudder set-up but my main computer is down and that is where the pic is.

Frankly, I would not bother with rudder on your light-weight version.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

ckoerner 01-26-2008 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It came out to 9.1oz with battery. I did not add the rudder servo yet. Still debating on it. So it's about .3oz lighter then my last one and will weigh about the same if I add the rudder servo. It has a LS park jet motor and TP 1320 3S battery pack.

Scott,
Can you get all white ones?

Crash One 01-26-2008 04:52 PM

Very nice!

Galloping Ghost 01-27-2008 06:11 PM

That's some great work there. Can't wait to see it at E-Fest! You could save a bit more weight by going with a lighter battery, such as a Dualsky GT 850 at 2.67 oz. Or a TP 910 at 2.3 oz. Both those would deliver enough power for indoor.

The next production run I am going to produce some plain white AeroCats.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

ckoerner 01-27-2008 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Galloping Ghost

The next production run I am going to produce some plain white AeroCats.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Cool!

ckoerner 01-31-2008 08:54 PM

Scott,
Can you explain how you did the rudder set up? I have an idea, I think.
Thanks,
Craig

Galloping Ghost 01-31-2008 09:36 PM

Scott,
Can you explain how you did the rudder set up? I have an idea, I think.
Thanks,
Craig
I think you already have it figured out, but here goes. I cut and hinged a 1" rudder from the aft end of each tailfin. Then, I simply installed another servo opposite the ele servo, then ran a CF pushrod back to one of the rudders. I then ran a cross pushrod connecting the two rudders. Very little throw is necessary.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

ckoerner 02-04-2008 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is how I did the rudders. There is a carbon rod with plastic tubes on each end. The tubes have a hole drilled with a carbon rod going through them. This acts as the hinge. I got the idea from a foamy biplane called the Merlin. My only worry is if the carbon will flutter.

Galloping Ghost 02-05-2008 10:28 PM

Here is how I did the rudders. There is a carbon rod with plastic tubes on each end. The tubes have a hole drilled with a carbon rod going through them. This acts as the hinge. I got the idea from a foamy biplane called the Merlin. My only worry is if the carbon will flutter.
Looks great. Can't wait to see it at E-Fest!

I do not think the carbon will flutter.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Galloping Ghost 02-05-2008 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pics of an AeroCat V2 I built for Andrew Jesky for E-Fest. He'll be flying it in the pylon race Saturday night.

I went light with a LittleScreamers Parkjet motor. Weight RTF is 10.2 oz.

Scott

www.ModelAero

ckoerner 02-06-2008 08:04 AM

Here's a couple pics of an AeroCat V2 I built for Andrew Jesky for E-Fest. He'll be flying it in the pylon race Saturday night.

I went light with a LittleScreamers Parkjet motor. Weight RTF is 10.2 oz.

Scott

www.ModelAero

Cool! I need to pick one up for a friend this weekend.

Galloping Ghost 02-14-2008 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pictures of ckoerners very cool milled out AeroCat at E-Fest. He did some impressive flying with it and darn near won the pylon race were it not for a crash into the far wall with a lap to go![:o]

During jet time on Saturday, he, Andrew Jesky, and Jason Noll were all flying AeroCats in a tight, high speed pattern. It was awesome!

Also included are pics of the other AeroCats in the pylon race, flown by Andrew Jesky and Jason Noll.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com

Crash One 02-14-2008 10:37 PM

Looks like you guys had way too much fun!

ckoerner 02-15-2008 08:33 AM

He did some impressive flying with it

Yep, right into the wall. LOL!