Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

new to electrics, charger questions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

new to electrics, charger questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:39 PM
rcexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to electrics, charger questions

I'm new to electrics and exspecially charging lipo batterys. Have found a charger I like and was wondering if anybody could give advice on it?
Imax B6 pro charger.
If not a good one advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Swift427

Default RE: new to electrics, charger questions

Why did you buy the iMax B6 without doing some due diligence before purchase? I take it you are possibly having some problem with it or you wouldn't have posted. So out with it ... what's your concern? Assume you at least googled a few iMax threads at RCU before buying your B6

OPPS!

Thanks Jeff for pointing out my obvious blunder ... how to salvage my above reply other than to say I was way to quick to assume that he had possibly already received a troublesome B6 from HK, when a ton of them are being used by satisfied customers. One reason why no one has yet given advice is because there are a ton of threads about the pros and cons of buying HK products including the iMax B3 to B8. I apologize for having jumped to the wrong conclusion that he might have received a faulty iMax B6 and was taking an end around approach to find out if there were any other displeased IMax B6 owners.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 AM
jdetray

The OP does not say that he bought the charger. He is asking if it the iMax B6 is a good charger.

- Jeff
Old 01-24-2012, 07:06 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes no and even maybe As you can see, there are many opinions about the charger and where you get it from.

I do not have that one so I can not say either way.

I do have (4) of these and they work well for me. They do not cost an arm and a leg, I do not need to charge at 10 amps or more so these work great. I use a converted PC power supply to run it on the bench. If you want a DC and AC unit, they have one too.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1004.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1003.html

Buzz.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I love my iChargers - have a pair of the 1010B+ chargers. Would not hesitate to get the 6s version if that fits your needs.

USA Warranty Support is in Ohio - EPBuddy.com. GREAT support.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 PM
startazz

I too have an Imax charger which i brought from Hobbyking and it has more than lived up to it's job and would highly recommend this charger plus Hobbyking sells a power supply unit for one if needed,plus all the leads and batteries if you need them.
I've got to say i'm more than happy with the service i get from HK and i've got a DH-100 Vampire EDF jet plus a good few other goodies on route to me as i type this.