Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

can i fly something with this configuration??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

can i fly something with this configuration??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 05:31 PM
VIC VIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i fly something with this configuration??

hey! i´ve always wanted to fly an electric airplane but i don´t want to spend much money on my first, so looking into my stuff y i found some electric things and i thought " hey you can do something with this stuff " here is list of what i found: 550
20-turn car motor, car ESC, two 7.2 1500 mAh battery packs and i bought an 8x4 prop with direct drive adapter. the things is that those baterys are very heavy! and i don´t know if i made the correct choise with the prop, can i do something with this configuration? is not easy for my to buy gear boxes in my town. in the case i could use this stuff to fly something what can of airplane would it be? i was thinking about a foam flying wing but i don't know if the foam ca hold all the weight...any sugestion will be apreciated.[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40156.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	60691  
Old 09-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: can i fly something with this configuration??

I am having a serious case of deja vu here. Did you ask this question before somewhere else? I believe I've answered this exact same question recently.

Sure you can fly something, but it won't be terribly impressive. As you've observed, the battery is awfully heavy. Because it's only 6 cells, you need to draw lots of Amps to get enough power, which means a short flight times. That motor won't be very efficient drawing lots of Amps, either.

I've seen the Great Planes PT-Electric and ElectriCub fly on such a power system. Also, look at the JKAerotech T-52.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:53 PM
VIC VIC

yes i did, but the next day i couldn´t remember where i put it, i thought it was deleted by a moderator or something like that. could i put this stuff in a foam wing plane?, by the way do you remember were the oder post is?
Old 09-12-2003, 07:05 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Well, I'm the only active moderator in the electric area right now, AFAIK, and I know I didn't delete it. Are you sure you didn't post it over on the Ezone?

Can you put it in a foam wing plane? Sure! As long as the plane has sufficient wing area to support the weight without having to fly at Mach 1. The JKAerotech T-52 is a foamie.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:52 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

lol i take it u got leftovers from your upgraded traxxas vehicle? have u seen those giant flying wings? i think they might be able to support something like this.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:43 AM
VIC VIC

so were can i find some plans to make foam wing models???