Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Second plane?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Cale in KS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second plane?

Hello all, newbie to RC universe. Looking into a second plane... I learned on a Hobbyzone Super Cub, not saying that I have mastered it, but can do about whatever I want with it, or at least what the plane will allow. Find my self craving more performance and something with aeilerons. A friend of mine let me fly his Parkzone Wildcat on a trainer cable, and him and I thought I did really well. I didn't land it, but was able to fly it just find. Thinking about getting the Parkzone F4U Corsair. Really cool plane, and all the online reviews and videos seem to be positive. Any suggestions?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:59 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Second plane?

If you want to jump into a warbird foamy I would suggest the T-28 Trojan  only because of it's trike landing gear. It will be much easier for you to take-off and land than the Corsair.  Both planes fly nice but they are much more sensitive than the cub and you can get into trouble quick so you should go up with a more experienced flyer for the first few times until you get accustomed to it.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:45 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Second plane?

The Parkzone T-28 seems to be very popular as a second plane if you want to get into something more aerobatic and has that warbird look.  Sounds like a good next plane for you.

You can also go to electric gliders and go for a completely different experience.  That is what I did, I went to gliders rather than bigger, faster more aerobatic birds and never looked back. Gliders is what I fly most of the time now.

So, where you want to go is what will show you the path to your next plane.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:38 PM
peety01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the T-28 for a second plane also..
The T-28 comes in pretty fast when landing, so you need a decent runway, if you don't have a lot of runway consider a belly lander such as the AXN floater jet, I love that plane and would recommend it to beginner and advanced