Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 09:15 PM
chopper 54
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Hi, I have been into gas planes for a couple years know. I know how to fly but I would like to improve my skills using an electric plane. I was thining of getting a GWS beaver (gws1030) and the GWS naro flight pack (GWS 2045) for my Hitec focus 4 radio. From what I understand this set up would work. Can you please tell me if I am right or if I am wrong.

Thanks

Jesse
Old 02-22-2004, 10:56 PM
crashingagain

Default RE: Please help

sounds right to me. How long have you had that radio? The laser 4 replaced it a few years back didnt it? Im sure its fine I just didnt recognize it until I did a search
Old 02-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Dr Kiwi

That'll work fine, though you could save just a little weight by getting a flightpack with GWS Pico BB servos instead of the Naro.

Cheers, Phil
Old 02-22-2004, 11:04 PM
chopper 54
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks, Yes the laser 4 replaced the focus 4 a few years ago. My radio is just a basic entry level one. But I think it will work fine. I am also confused with the servo's there are the mini, micro, feather, naro, pico could you please tell me the difference? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Those are basically marketing terms used by the various companies to describe the size of their servos. GWS, for example, uses the terms "Pico" and "Naro" (Asianized Nano) to describe their two smallest servos. If you know your science, you'd know that pico and nano are prefixes in the metric system, like milli and centi (e.g. millimeter and centimeter). A picometer is smaller than a nanometer, hence a Pico servo is smaller than a Naro.

The only way to know what terms mean is to go to the manufacturer's website and look them up. There is no standard naming convention for servo sizes. For example, can you tell that a Hitec HS-50 is comparable to a GWS Pico by looking at their model names/numbers? Nope. You need to look up their statistics on their respective manufacturers' websites.