Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Aerobird Challenger Rubber Bands on Tail...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Aerobird Challenger Rubber Bands on Tail...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Red_61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Challenger Rubber Bands on Tail...

Hey there,

I'm a newbie who is interested in knowing what happens when the rubber band on the tail of the Aerobird Challenger breaks. It seems to me this is a VERY important piece of equipment -- if it breaks, the pilot will have no control over the control surfaces of the aircraft.

Is there anything I can do to make sure something like this does not happen during flight? Should this rubber band be replaced every 50 flights or something?

Freelancer
(The nephew of an US Air Force Air Crash Investigator)
Old 03-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Aerobird Challenger Rubber Bands on Tail...

As with any airplane, full-scale or model, a proper preflight check is a MUST. It's a trivial task to inspect the rubber bands for stress and damage before each flight.

The bands are not under terrible stress, and they're the "plastic" bands that don't dry rot like true rubber bands AFAIK. They should last literally hundreds of flights.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:47 PM
will

If the bands break, you'll still have some control. Gravity will take care of down and the rudders will be in the sport mode
Old 03-21-2004, 10:54 PM
jatoo

the rubber bands do wear, it happened to me.
First I noticed that i did not get as responsive down elevator. Then I had a look at it and saw that it was getting really worn. It was siple enough to spot, u just gotta check before each flight, like Matt said, a pre-flight is a must, if a car breaks down pull over, if an aeroplane breaks down, there not much you can do, esp if you loose contol! The new one I put on mine also broke but, this was spotted in the preflight. I now keep a few with me incase I get down there and find out it's broken, happened before []