Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

My first plane

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 07:47 PM
cheech27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first plane

I have decided to purchase the gws e-starter as my first plane. I live on a lake and I was wondering if their is a pontoon kit available for planes like that.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:25 PM
NMPhi767

Default RE: My first plane

GWS makes floats for this plane. They cost about 10 to 12 dollars. You can find them at Horizon Hobby but they have been sold out for a long time. If you do a search, you might find
other websites that have them in stock.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:29 PM
NMPhi767

Did a quick search and found them here: [link=http://www.officeshops.com/gws/floats/]http://www.officeshops.com/gws/floats/[/link]
Old 04-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Horizon Hobby often lists items as "Out of Stock" long before they ever get in stock in the first place. I would suspect that the GWS floats have never been in stock. They're a new product for Horizon.

Also beware that many online stores list items that are not in stock, and don't have an automated stock status. You could end up ordering them and waiting several months for them to arrive. It's a good idea to call or email before you order, because if the distributor (Horizon) does not yet have them, none of the dealers (officeshops) will have them either.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
nitrostampedeowner

build ur own floats... just like i built my own landing gear for my sky scooter pro 2
Old 04-27-2004, 03:29 PM
lift off

just got some news, gws might not be distributed through horizon anymore. dats why they are always out o' slow stick stuff. Hey why not go with the slow stick instead of the e starter. I got mine. flew it and I learned to fly. it can take a beating to. my wing has so much tape and glue on it it is a wonder it can fly. just goes to show you how durrable the plane is.

Matt
Old 05-01-2004, 09:27 PM
goose2151

Are there floats for the slow stick?