Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

e starter question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 08:00 AM
DARKFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e starter question

ok what are some of your e-starters weighting in at and where are u guys balancing them at.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
WolfeWind

Default RE: e starter question

Balance it right on the wooden spar under the wing - if it weighs in close to 16 oz you should be ok - 20oz or more and you may have problems - under 16 oz and you are golden. It flys much better with a 350C than it does with the 400 motor BTW.

More ES info here....
http://www.novellahub.com/index.php
Old 01-10-2005, 01:40 AM
RCDOC

Default RE: e starter question

I agree the spars for balance but just to put your mind at ease I put on a brushless Himax2812 0850 and 3lipoly kokam and Pheonix 25 ecs and just for fun threw my (not lite)web cam on and it weighs in at 28 oz. first flight with this set up and all i did was trim up a little and it flew like a MACHINE. This is a extremely forgiving little plane. I bought mine and my bro and cousin also bought them when they saw mine fly. We all love them. How does it handle the wind? NOTHING TO SAY BUT UNBELEIVEABLE.

I flew in a strong but steady wind (with the 350 eng.) and it handled it like a champ. How strong of a wind? The trees were swaying from side to side very much. I would estimate the wind at 15-20 mph. Just throw it into the wind and when you make that first turn downwind be ready for a speed gain and turn back into the wind and climb like a champ. Plane would only advance at a walking speed but climb like mad. This is the plane now with the webcam mounted to the bottom.

PS. I only made sure it wasn't tail heavy when I mounted the cam and the center of gravity was not an issue. I have since mounted it upright between the landing gear with velcro but havn't flown yet (-25 deg.celcius) but will let you know what happens as soon as I do.

BOTTOM LINE LOVE THE E-STARTER
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18719.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	213030